1. Kanj M, Mitic W. Health literacy and health promotion, definitions, concepts and examples in Eastern Mediteranean Region. 7th Global Conference on Health Promotion Promoting Health and Development: Closing the Implementation Gap: 2009 October 26-30 Nairobi, Kenya.
2. Tehrani H. Media Health Literacy. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):141-6.
3. Nutbeam D, Kickbusch I. Advancing health literacy: a global challenge for the 21st century. Health Promot 2000; 15: 183-184.
4. WHO. Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health: Commission on Social Determinants of Health final report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2008.
5. zarrinkolah A, Dashti F, Abedi H, Masoudi SM. A Study of Puberty Health Literacy Level of the First 14-16 Year Girls Grade High School Students in the Eghlid City. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):164-71.
6. Kickbusch, I. (2001) Health Literacy: addressing the health and education divide. Health Promotion International 2001; 16: 289-297.
7. Keleher H, Hagger V. Health literacy in primary health care. Australian Journal of Primary Health. 2007; 13(2): 24-30.
8. von Wagner C, Knight K, Steptoe A, Wardle J. Functional health literacy and health-promoting behaviour in a national sample of British adults. JECH 2007; 61(12):1086-1090.
9. Chew L D, Bradley K A. Brief questions to identify patients with inadequate health literacy. Fam Med 2004;36(8):588-594.
10. Paasche-Orlow M K, Wolf M S. Promoting health literacy research to reduce health disparities. Journal of Health Communication 2010; 15(1): 34–41.
11. Downey La Vonne A, Zun Leslie S. Assessing adult health literacy in urban healthcare settings. Journal of the National Medical Association 2008; 100(11): 1304-1308.
12. Tavousi M, Haeri Mehrizi A A, Rafiee Far Sh, Solimanian A, Sarbandi F, Ardestani M, Hashemi A, Montazeri A. Health Litracy in Iran: Finding from National Study. Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research. 2016; 15(1): 95-102 (Persian)
13. Javadzade H, Sharifirad Gh, Reisi M, Tavassoli E, Rajati F. [Health Literacy among Adults of Isfahan, Iran]. Journal of Health System Research. 2013; 9(5): 540-549. (Persian).
14. Wengryn MI, Hester EJ. Pragmatic skills used by older adults in social communication and health care contexts: precursors to health literacy. Contemporary Issues in Communication SciencesandDisorders.2011; 38: 41-52.
15. Afshari M, Khazaei S, Bahrami M, Merati H. [Investigating Adult Health Literacy in Tuyserkan City]. Journal of Education and Community Health.2014; 1(2):48-55.
16. Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Rakhshani F, Azin S A, Jahangiri K, Ebadi M, Nadermagham Sh, Solimanian A, Sarbandi F, Motamedi A, Naghibi Sistani M M. Health Litracy for Iranian Adults (HELIA):Development And Pcychometric properties. Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research. 2014 ;13(5):589-599 (Persian)
17. McLaghlin R A. [Association among health literacy levels and health outcomes in pregnant women with pregestational and gestational diabetes in an urban setting] PhD Dissertation, Health science center university of Tennessee 2009.
18. Nielsen-Bohlman L, Panzer A, Hamlin B ,et al. Health Literacy: A Prescription to End Confusion , Consensus Report of Committee on Health Literacy Board on Neuroscience and Behavioral Health, Institute of medicine of the national academies; 2004.Availabel at www.nap.edu
19. Tehrani Banihashemi S A, Amirkhani MA, Hagh Dust A A, Alavian S M, Asghari Fard H, Baradaran H, Barghamadi M, Parsi nia S, Fathi Ranjbar S, Health Litracy and the Influencing Factors ,A Stdy in Five Provinces of Iran.Strides Dev Med Education 2007;4(1)1-9
20. Baker DW, Williams MV, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nurss J. Development of a brief test to measure functional health literacy. Patient EducCouns.1999; 38(1): 33-42.
21. Scott TL, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Baker DW. Health literacy and preventive health care use among Medicare enrollees in a managed care organization. Medical Care 2002; 40: 395-404
22. Howard DH, Sentell T, Gazmararian JA. Impact of health literacy on socioeconomic and racial differences in health in an elderly population. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2006; 21: 857-61
23. Elder C, Barber M, Staples M, Osborne RH, Clerehan R, Buchbinder R. Assessing Health Literacy: a new domain for collaboration between language testers and health professionals. Language Assessment Quarterly 2012; 9: 205-24
24. Endres L K, Sharp L K, Haney E, Dooley S L. Health literacy and pregnancy preparedness in pregestational diabetes. Diabetes Care 2004;Feb 27(2):331–334
25. Carthery-Goulart MT, Anghinah R, Areza-Fegyveres R, Santoro Bahia V, Dozzi Brucki SM, Damin A, et al. Performance of a Brazilian population on the test of functional health literacy in adults. Rev Saúde Pública 2009;43(4):631-638
26. Berkman ND, DeWalt DA, Pignone MP, Sheridan SL, Lohr KN, Lux L, Sutton SF, Swinson T, Bonito AJ. Literacy and health outcomes. summary, evidence report/Technology Assessment No. 87 (Prepared by RTI International–University of North Carolina Evidencebased Practice Center under Contract No. 290-02-0016). AHRQ Publication No. 04-E007-1. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. January 2004.Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov
27. Parker RM, Wolf MS, Kirsch I. Preparing for an Epidemic of limited health literacy: Weathering the perfect storm. Journal of General Internal Medicine 2008; 23(8):1273–1276.
28. Berkman ND, Sheridan SL, Donahue KE, Halpern DJ, Viera A, Crotty K, et al. Health literacy interventions and outcomes: An updated systematic review. Evidence Report/Technology Assesment No. 199. (Prepared by RTI International–University of North Carolina Evidencebased Practice Center under contract No. 290-2007-10056- I. AHRQ Publication Number 11-E006. Rockville, MD. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality March 2011.
29. Stewart dw, Cano MA, Fernandez VC, Spears CA, Li Y, Waters AJ, Wetter DW, Vidrine JI.Lower Health Litracy Predicts Smoking Relapse among Racically/ Ethnically Diverse Smokers With Low Socioeconomic Status.BMC Public Health 2014;716(14):1-6
30. Ghanbari SH, Majlesi F, Gafari M, Mahmoodi Majdabadi M. Assessment of Health Litracy Level in Pregnant Women in Shahid Beheshti University, Journal of Daneshvar. 2011; 97(19): 1-12(Persian)
31. Lam L, yang L. Is low health litreracy associated with overweight and obesity in adolescents. Bio Med Center.2014; 72(11).
32. kooshyar H, Shoorvazi M, Dalir Z, Hosseini M. Health Literacy and its Relationship with Medical Adherence and Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Community- Residing Elderly. J mazand Med Sci 2014; 24(supple 1): 134-143.