1. Movahed E, Shojaei zadeh D, Zarei pour Ma, Arefi Z, Sha ahmadi F, Ameri M. The Effect of Health Belief Model- Based Training (HBM) on Self- Medication among the Male High School Students. Iranian Journal of Health Education and Health Promotion. 2014;2(1):65-72.
2. Ocan M, Bwanga F, Bbosa GS, Bagenda D, Waako P, Ogwal-Okeng J, et al. Patterns and predictors of self-medication in northern Uganda. J PloS one. 2014;9(3):e92323. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0092323. PMid:24658124 PMCid:PMC3962384
3. Mumtaz Y, Jahangeer S, Mujtaba T, Zafar S, Adnan S. Self medication among university students of Karachi. Jlumhs. 2011;10(03):102-5.
4. Masoudi Alavi N, Alami L, Taiefi S, Sadafi Z. Self treatment in diabetes mellitus in Kashan. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2010;12(3):237-42.
5. Karimy M, Rezaee-Momtaz M, Tavousi M, Montazeri A, Araban M. Risk factors associated with self-medication among women in Iran. BMC public health. 2019;19(1):1033. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7302-3. PMid:31370891 PMCid:PMC6676788
6. Haque M, Rahman NAA, McKimm J, Kibria GM, Majumder MAA, Haque SZ, et al. Self-medication of antibiotics: investigating practice among university students at the Malaysian National Defence University. Infection and drug resistance. 2019;12:1333.https://doi.org/10.2147/IDR.S218283. https://doi.org/10.2147/IDR.S203364. PMid:31190922
7. Sontakke S, Bajait C, Pimpalkhute S, Jaiswal K, Jaiswal S. Comparative study of evaluation of self-medication practices in first- and third-year medical students. Int J Biol Med Res. 2011;2(2):561-4.
8. Ruiz ME. Risks of self-medication practices. J Current drug safety. 2010;5(4):315-23.https://doi.org/10.2174/157488610792245966. PMid:20615179
9. Yazdan Nasab M, Babahoseinpour E, Kheirvari Khezerlo J, Tabasi M, Mavalizadeh F, Barzegar A, et al. Prevalence of Self-Administered Drug Use among Population of Tehran, Iran. J Asia Pacific Journal of Medical Toxicology. 2019;8(1):14-8.
10. Jafari F, Khatony A, Rahmani E. Prevalence of self-medication among the elderly in Kermanshah-Iran. J Global journal of health science. 2015;7(2):360.https://doi.org/10.5539/gjhs.v7n2p360. PMid:25716414 PMCid:PMC4796481
11. Abdi A, Faraji A, Dehghan F, Khatony A. Prevalence of self-medication practice among health sciences students in Kermanshah, Iran. BMC pharmacology and Toxicology. 2018;19(1):36.https://doi.org/10.1186/s40360-018-0231-4. PMid:29970167 PMCid:PMC6029137
12. Shayeste Y, Jafari D, Hosseinpour R, Daie S. Prevalence of Self-Medication among the Elderly in Gorgan, North of Iran %J Journal of Clinical and Basic Research. Journal of Clinical and Basic Research. 2018;2(4):1-7.https://doi.org/10.29252/jcbr.2.4.1
13. Kharghani Moghadam S M SD, Mahmoudi M, Shojaiezadeh E, Farhandi H, Khalili S. Effect of education based on health belief model to prevent the arbitrary use of the drug in women referring to Health Centers sabzevar city. J Health Syst Res. 2013;Health Education supplement:1876-88.
14. Khazar N, Jalili Z, Nazary manesh L. The Effect of Educational Intervention Based on Health Belief Model on Nurses' Stress Management in Intensive Care Units. Iranian Journal of Health Education and Health Promotion. 2019;7(4):300-11. https://doi.org/10.29252/ijhehp.7.4.300
15. Pirzadeh A, Gh S. Knowledge and practice among women about self-medication based on health belief model. Journal of Gorgan University of Medical Science. 2012;13(4):76-83.
17. Nutbeam D. Health promotion glossary. J Health promotion international. 1998;13(4):349-64. https://doi.org/10.1093/heapro/13.4.349
18. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzade H, Mahaki B, Tavassoli E, Sharifirad G. Impact of health literacy, self-efficacy, and outcome expectations on adherence to self-care behaviors in Iranians with type 2 diabetes. J Oman medical journal. 2016;31(1):52.https://doi.org/10.5001/omj.2016.10. PMid:26813680 PMCid:PMC4720937
19. Chahardah-Cherik S, Gheibizadeh M, Jahani S, Cheraghian B. The relationship between health literacy and health promoting behaviors in patients with type 2 diabetes. J International journal of community-based nursing midwifery. 2018;6(1):65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.midw.2018.08.001
20. Larki A, Tahmasebi R, Reisi M. Factors Predicting Self-Care Behaviors among Low Health Literacy Hypertensive Patients Based on Health Belief Model in Bushehr District, South of Iran. J International journal of hypertension. 2018;2018.https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/9752736. PMid:29780639 PMCid:PMC5893004
21. Shehnaz SI, Sreedharan J, Khan N, Issa KJ, Arifulla M. Factors associated with self-medication among expatriate high school students: a cross-sectional survey in United Arab Emirates. Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Public Health. 2013;10(4).https://doi.org/10.4321/S1886-36552013000400006. PMid:24367461 PMCid:PMC3869637
22. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzede H, Mahaki B, Sharifirad G, Tavassoli E. The functional, communicative, and critical health literacy (FCCHL) scales: Cross-cultural adaptation and the psychometric properties of the Iranian version. J Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2017;19(1).https://doi.org/10.5812/ircmj.29700
23. Azami-Aghdash S, Mohseni M, Etemadi M, Royani S, Moosavi A, Nakhaee M. Prevalence and cause of self-medication in Iran: a systematic review and meta-analysis article. J Iranian journal of public health. 2015;44(12):1580.
24. Balamurugan E, Ganesh K. Prevalence and pattern of self medication use in coastal regions of South India. J Br J Med Pract. 2011;4(3):a428.
25. Tripković K, Nešković A, Janković J, Odalović M. Predictors of self-medication in Serbian adult population: cross-sectional study. J International journal of clinical pharmacy. 2018;40(3):627-34.https://doi.org/10.1007/s11096-018-0624-x. PMid:29603073
26. Bakhtiar K, Bastami F, Sharafkhani N, Almasian M. The Psychological Determinants of Self-Medication among the Elderly: An Explanation Based on the Health Belief Model. J Elderly Health Journal. 2017;3(2):59-66.
27. R. Tajik MS, M. Shamsi MS, A. Mohammad Beygee MS. Survey Prevalence of Self Medication and Factors Effected in Woman's Arak City. J Avicenna Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Care. 2008;16(1):29-39.
28. Purreza A, Khalafi A, Ghiasi A, Farrokh MF, Nurmohammadi M. To identify self-medication practice among Medical Students of Tehran University of Medical Science. Iranian Journal of Epidemiology. 2013;8(4):40-6.
29. Aminshokravi F, Tavafian S, Moayeri A. Assessing Related Factors on the Illicit Use of Medications in Abbas Abad City (mazandaran): A Cross Sectional Study. J scientific journal of ilam university of medical sciences. 2014;22(5):11-9.
30. Karimy M, Rezaee-Momtaz M, Tavousi M, Montazeri A, Araban M. Risk factors associated with self-medication among women in Iran. J BMC public health. 2019;19(1):1033.https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7302-3. PMid:31370891 PMCid:PMC6676788
31. Saeieh SE, Salehi L, Esmaelpour R. An investigation of self-medication and its correlates among community dwelling elderly population by applying health belief model. J Nursing Practice Today. 2018;5(3):318-25.
32. Haque S, Alam NN, Mushroor S, Sultana N. Association between Knowledge of Self Medication and Adherence among Medical Students in Dhaka, Bangladesh. J Research Journal of Pharmacy Technology. 2017;10(5):1376.
33. Rezabeigi E, Mahmoudvand H, Jamshidi E, Jahani Y, Amirheidari B, Borhaninejad V, et al. Self-medication among health staff: A cross sectional study of Kerman Province, Iran. Der Pharmacia Lettre. 2016;8(12):221-8.
34. Bakhtiar K, Bastami F, Sharafkhani N, Almasian M. The Psychological Determinants of Self-Medication among the Elderly: An Explanation Based on the Health Belief Model %J Elderly Health Journal. Elderly Health Journal. 2017;3(2):59-66.
35. Motavali ZS, Abedi H, Davaridolatabadi E. Self-medication and its effective modifiable factors among elderly referred health care centers in Shahr-e-Kord in 2015. J Electronic physician. 2016;8(11):3205.https://doi.org/10.19082/3205. PMid:28070253 PMCid:PMC5217812
36. Mahmoodi M, Salehi L. To evaluate of efficacy of education based on health belief model on knowledge, attitude and practice among women with low socioeconomic status regarding osteoporosis prevention. J Iranian Journal of Epidemiology. 2011;7(2):30-7.
37. Berkman ND, Sheridan SL, Donahue KE, Halpern DJ, Crotty K. Low health literacy and health outcomes: an updated systematic review. J Annals of internal medicine. 2011;155(2):97-107.https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-155-2-201107190-00005. PMid:21768583
38. Ngoh LN. Health literacy: a barrier to pharmacist-patient communication and medication adherence. J Journal of the American Pharmacists Association. 2009;49(5):e132-e49. https://doi.org/10.1331/JAPhA.2009.07075. PMid:19748861