1.Nutbeam D, Kickbusch I. Advancing health literacy: a global challenge for the 21st century. Oxford University Press; 2000. https://academic.oup.com/heapro/article/15/3/183/551098
2. Peate M, Smith SK, Pye V, Hucker A, Stern C, Stafford L, et al. Assessing the usefulness and acceptability of a low health literacy online decision aid about reproductive choices for younger women with breast cancer: the aLLIAnCE pilot study protocol. Pilot and feasibility studies. 2017;3(1):31.
3. Aghaieian n, Farahaninia M, janmohammadi S, Haghani H. Association between health literacy and preventive behaviors of breast cancer in women. Journal of Health Literacy. 2019;4(2):9-17.
4. Lael-Monfared E, Tehrani H, Moghaddam ZE, Ferns GA, Tatari M, Jafari A. Health literacy, knowledge and self-care behaviors to take care of diabetic foot in low-income individuals: Application of extended parallel process model. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2019;13(2):1535-41.
5. Khaleghi M, Amin Shokravi F, Peyman N. The Relationship Between Health Literacy and Health-Related Quality of Life in Students. Iranian Journal of Health Education and Health Promotion. 2019;7(1):66-73.
6. Paasche‐Orlow MK, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nielsen‐Bohlman LT, Rudd RR. The prevalence of limited health literacy. Journal of general internal medicine. 2005;20(2):175-84.
7. Tehrani Banihashemi S, Amir Khani A, Haghdoust A, Alavian M, Asghari Fard H, Baradaran H. Health literacy in five province and relative effective factors. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2007;4(1):1-9.
8. Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Functional health literacy and the risk of hospital admission among Medicare managed care enrollees. American journal of public health. 2002;92(8):1278-83.
9. Baker DW, Parker RM, Williams MV, Clark WS, Nurss J. The relationship of patient reading ability to self-reported health and use of health services. American journal of public health. 1997;87(6):1027-30.
10. Schillinger D, Grumbach K, Piette J, Wang F, Osmond D, Daher C, et al. Association of health literacy with diabetes outcomes. Jama. 2002;288(4):475-82.
11. Scott TL, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Baker DW. Health literacy and preventive health care use among Medicare enrollees in a managed care organization. Medical care. 2002;40(5):395-404. aspx
12. Howard DH, Sentell T, Gazmararian JA. Impact of health literacy on socioeconomic and racial differences in health in an elderly population. Journal of general internal medicine. 2006;21(8):857-61.
13. Chew LD, Bradley KA, Boyko EJ. Brief questions to identify patients with inadequate healthliteracy. health. 2004;11:12.
14. La Vonne AD, Zun LS. Assessing adult health literacy in urban healthcare settings. Journal of the National Medical Association. 2008;100(11):1304-8.
15. Pirzadeh A, Nodooshan T, Nasirian M. Association Between Maternal Health Literacy Level and Prenatal Care in Iran. Journal of Health Literacy. 2024;4(1):60-7.
16. Kindig DA, Panzer AM, Nielsen-Bohlman L. Health literacy: a prescription to end confusion: National Academies Press; 2004.
17. Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Rakhshani F, Azin SA, Jahangiri K, Ebadi M, et al. Health Literacy for Iranian Adults (HELIA): development and psychometric properties. Payesh (Health Monitor). 2014;13(5):589-99.
18. Javadzade SH, Sharifirad G, Radjati F, Mostafavi F, Reisi M, Hasanzade A. Relationship between health literacy, health status, and healthy behaviors among older adults in Isfahan, Iran. Journal of education and health promotion. 2012;1.
19. Karimi S, Keyvanara M, Hosseini M, Jafarian M, Khorasani E. Health literacy, health status, health services utilization and their relationships in adults in Isfahan. Health Inf Manage. 2014;10(6):862-75.
20.Ansari H, Almasi Z, Ansari-Moghaddam A, Mohammadi M, Peyvand M, Hajmohammadi M, et al. Health literacy in older adults and its related factors: a cross-sectional study in Southeast Iran. Health Scope. 2016;5(4)
21. Afshari M, Khazaei S, Bahrami M, Merati H. Investigating adult health literacy in Tuyserkan city. J Educ Community Health. 2014;1(2):48-55.
22. Naghibi A, Chaleshgar M, Kazemi A, Hosseini M. Evaluation of health literacy level among 18-65 year-old adults in Shahriar, Iran. Journal of health research in community. 2017;3(2):17-25.
23. Tavousi M, Mehrizi A, Solimanian A, Sarbandi F, Ardestani M, Hashemi A, et al. Health literacy in Iran: findings from a national study. Payesh (Health Monitor). 2016;15(1):95-102.
24. Powell CK, Hill EG, Clancy DE. The relationship between health literacy and diabetes knowledge and readiness to take health actions. The diabetes educator. 2007;33(1):144-51 a.
25. Bigdeli Z, Hayati Z, Heidari G, Jowkar T. Place of internet inhealth information seeking behavior: Case of young Internet users in Shiraz. Human Information Interaction. 2016;3(1):67-78
26. Mollakhalili H, Papi A, Zare-Farashbandi F, Sharifirad G, HasanZadeh A. A survey on health literacy of inpatient's educational hospitals of Isfahan University of Medical Sciences in 2012. Journal of education and health promotion. 2014;3(1):86-92
27. Lee S-YD, Tsai T-I, Tsai Y-W, Kuo KN. Health literacy, health status, and healthcare utilization of Taiwanese adults: results from a national survey. BMC public health. 2010;10(1):614.