1. Gerber Y, Weston SA, Redfield MM, Chamberlain AM, Manemann SM, Jiang R, et al. A contemporary appraisal of the heart failure epidemic in Olmsted County, Minnesota, 2000 to 2010. JAMA internal medicine. 2015;175(6):996-1004.
2. Roger VL. Epidemiology of heart failure. Circulation research. 2013;113(6):646-59.
3. Heidenreich PA, Albert NM, Allen LA, Bluemke DA, Butler J, Fonarow GC, et al. Forecasting the impact of heart failure in the United States: a policy statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation: Heart Failure. 2013;6(3):606-19.
4. Mozaffarian D, Benjamin EJ, Go AS, Arnett DK, Blaha MJ, Cushman M, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics—2016 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2015:CIR. 0000000000000350.
5. Heidari M, Sarvandian S, Moradbeigi K, Akbari Nassaji N, Vafaizadeh M. Comparing the effect of telenursing and education without follow-up in the caregivers of heart failure patients on the self-care behavior and clinical status of heart failure patients. Journal of hayat. 2017;23(1):44-58.
6. Mazloomy Mahmoodabad SS, Tehrani H, Gholian-aval M, Gholami H, Nematy M. The effect of social class on the amount of salt intake in patients with hypertension. Blood Pressure. 2016;25(6):360-3.
7. Hall MJ, Levant S, DeFrances CJ. Hospitalization for congestive heart failure: United States, 2000–2010. age. 2012;65(23):29.
8. Manemann SM, Chamberlain AM, Boyd CM, Weston SA, Killian J, Leibson CL, et al., editors. Skilled nursing facility use and hospitalizations in heart failure: a community linkage study. Mayo Clinic Proceedings; 2017: Elsevier.
9. Riegel B, Moser DK, Anker SD, Appel LJ, Dunbar SB, Grady KL, et al. State of the science. Promoting self-care in persons with heart failure. A scientific statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2009.
10. Nielsen-Bohlman L. Institute of Medicine (US). Committee on Health Literacy: Health literacy: a prescription to end confusion. 2004. Washington, DC: National Academies Press Google Scholar.
11. Ahmadzadeh sani T, Vahedian-Shahroodi M, Tehrani H, Esmaily H. Relationship between health literacy and nutrition among middle-aged women. Journal of Health Literacy. 2019;3(4):9-15..
12. Macabasco-O’Connell A, DeWalt DA, Broucksou KA, Hawk V, Baker DW, Schillinger D, et al. Relationship between literacy, knowledge, self-care behaviors, and heart failure-related quality of life among patients with heart failure. Journal of general internal medicine. 2011;26(9):979-86.
13. Noureldin M, Plake KS, Morrow DG, Tu W, Wu J, Murray MD. Effect of health literacy on drug adherence in patients with heart failure. Pharmacotherapy: The Journal of Human Pharmacology and Drug Therapy. 2012;32(9):819-26.
14. Cox SR, Liebl MG, McComb MN, Chau JQ, Wilson AA, Achi M, et al. Association between health literacy and 30-day healthcare use after hospital discharge in the heart failure population. Research in Social and Administrative Pharmacy. 2017;13(4):754-8.
15. Howard DH, Gazmararian J, Parker RM. The impact of low health literacy on the medical costs of Medicare managed care enrollees. The American journal of medicine. 2005;118(4):371-7.
16. Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Functional health literacy and the risk of hospital admission among Medicare managed care enrollees. American journal of public health. 2002;92(8):1278-83.
17. Baker DW, Parker RM, Williams MV, Clark WS. Health literacy and the risk of hospital admission. Journal of general internal medicine. 1998;13(12):791-8.
18. Bostock S, Steptoe A. Association between low functional health literacy and mortality in older adults: longitudinal cohort study. Bmj. 2012;344:e1602.
19. Harris J, Springett J, Booth A, Campbell F, Thompson J, Goyder E, et al. Can community-based peer support promote health literacy and reduce inequalities? A realist review. Journal of Public Health Research. 2015;3(3).
20. Mohammadi Zeidi I, Pakpour Hajiagha A, Mohammadi Zeidi B. Reliability and validity of Persian version of the health-promoting lifestyle profile. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences. 2012;21(1):102-13.
21. Adams RJ. Improving health outcomes with better patient understanding and education. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy. 2010; 3:61-72.
23. Xanthakis V, Enserro DM, Murabito JM, Polak JF, Wollert KC, Januzzi JL, et al. Ideal cardiovascular health: associations with biomarkers and subclinical disease, and impact on incidence of cardiovascular disease in the Framingham Offspring Study. Circulation. 2014:CIRCULATIONAHA. 114.009273.
24. Yang Q, Cogswell ME, Flanders WD, Hong Y, Zhang Z, Loustalot F, et al. Trends in cardiovascular health metrics and associations with all-cause and CVD mortality among US adults. Jama. 2012;307(12):1273-83.
25. Lloyd-Jones DM, Hong Y, Labarthe D, Mozaffarian D, Appel LJ, Van Horn L, et al. Defining and setting national goals for cardiovascular health promotion and disease reduction. The American Heart Association's strategic impact goal through 2020 and beyond. Circulation. 2010.
27. McNaughton CD, Cawthon C, Kripalani S, Liu D, Storrow AB, Roumie CL. Health literacy and mortality: a cohort study of patients hospitalized for acute heart failure. Journal of the American Heart Association. 2015;4(5):e001799.
28. Peterson PN, Shetterly SM, Clarke CL, Bekelman DB, Chan PS, Allen LA, et al. Health literacy and outcomes among patients with heart failure. Jama. 2011;305(16):1695-701.
29. Moser DK, Robinson S, Biddle MJ, Pelter MM, Nesbitt TS, Southard J, et al. Health literacy predicts morbidity and mortality in rural patients with heart failure. Journal of cardiac failure. 2015;21(8):612-8.
30. Wu J-R, Holmes GM, DeWalt DA, Macabasco-O’Connell A, Bibbins-Domingo K, Ruo B, et al. Low literacy is associated with increased risk of hospitalization and death among individuals with heart failure. Journal of general internal medicine. 2013;28(9):1174-80.
31. McNaughton CD, Collins SP, Kripalani S, Rothman R, Self WH, Jenkins C, et al. Low numeracy is associated with increased odds of 30-day emergency department or hospital recidivism for patients with acute heart failure. Circulation: Heart Failure. 2013;6(1):40-6.
32. Gonzalez-Chica DA, Mnisi Z, Avery J, Duszynski K, Doust J, Tideman P, et al. Effect of health literacy on quality of life amongst patients with ischaemic heart disease in Australian general practice. PloS one. 2016;11(3):e0151079.
33. Buck D, Frosini F. Clustering of unhealthy behaviours over time: Implications for policy and practice: King's Fund; 2012.
34. Khera AV, Emdin CA, Drake I, Natarajan P, Bick AG, Cook NR, et al. Genetic risk, adherence to a healthy lifestyle, and coronary disease. New England Journal of Medicine. 2016;375(24):2349-58.
35. Matsuoka S, Tsuchihashi-Makaya M, Kayane T, Yamada M, Wakabayashi R, Kato NP, et al. Health literacy is independently associated with self-care behavior in patients with heart failure. Patient education and counseling. 2016;99(6):1026-32.
36. Abedi H, Nazari H, Abdeyazdan G, Bik Mohammadi S. A survey on the the lifestyle of the heart desease patients after discharge from hospital in urmia seyyed alshohada in 1391. The Journal of Urmia Nursing and Midwifery Faculty. 2014;11(12):944-54.
37. Marzangi A, Ghareagaji Asl R, Ahangarzadeh Rezaei S. Health Literacy in Heart Disease Community that Covered by Health Services Centers in South of West Azarbaijan Province. The J Urmia Nurs Midwifery Fac. 2018;16(1):45-54.
38. AbbasZadeh Bazzi M, Karimiaval M. Relationship between Health Literacy and Self-Care Behaviors in Diabetic Patients Type II Referred to the Center of Diabetes Control and Prevention in Zabol. Journal of Health Literacy. 2018;3(1):10-9.
39. Tol A, Pourreza A, Tavasoli E, Rahimi Foroshani A. Determination of knowledge and health literacy among women with type 2 diabetes in teaching hospitals of TUMS. Journal of Hospital. 2012;11(3).
40. MaryamSeraji, FatemehRakhshani.Effect of education on practice and knowledge rate of hospitalized heart failure patients regarding their self-care behaviors and methods.Journal of Research & Health. Jan & Feb 201;8(1): 61- 67.