1. Guariguata L, Whiting DR, Hambleton I, Beagley J, Linnenkamp U, Shaw JE. Global estimates of diabetes prevalence for 2013 and projections for 2035. Diabetes research and clinical practice. 2014;103(2):137-49.
2. Delavari A, Mahdavi Hazaveh A, Noroozinejad A. planning of diabetes control in Iran. Tehran: ministry of health & medical education undersecretary for health disease management center. 2004.
3. Najar AV, Tehrani H, Imamian H, Hakak HM, Vahedian-Shahroodi M. Impact of Establishing a Communication Network of Family Physicians on Level of Hba 1c and FBS in Patients With Diabetes: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2017;19(11).
4. Stratton IM, Adler AI, Neil HAW, Matthews DR, Manley SE, Cull CA, et al. Association of glycaemia with macrovascular and microvascular complications of type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 35): prospective observational study. Bmj. 2000;321(7258):405-12.
5. Shrivastava SR, Shrivastava PS, Ramasamy J. Role of self-care in management of diabetes mellitus. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders. 2013;12(1):14.
6. Fox CS, Coady S, Sorlie PD, Levy D, Meigs JB, D’Agostino RB, et al. Trends in cardiovascular complications of diabetes. Jama. 2004;292(20):2495-9.
7. Retnakaran R, Cull CA, Thorne KI, Adler AI, Holman RR. Risk factors for renal dysfunction in type 2 diabetes: UK Prospective Diabetes Study 74. Diabetes. 2006;55(6):1832-9.
8. Osterberg L, Blaschke T. Adherence to medication. New England Journal of Medicine. 2005;353(5):487-97.
9. JA C. A systematic review of adherence with medications for diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2004;27(5):1218-24.
10. Srinivas G, Suresh E, Jagadeesan M, Amalraj E, Datta M. Treatment‐Seeking Behavior and Compliance of Diabetic Patients in a Rural Area of South India. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2002;958(1):420-4.
11. Epidemiology of diabetes mellitus World Health Organization 2015 [updated 2016; cited 2016. Available from: www.who.int/mediacenter/factsheets/fs236/en.
12. Tehrani H. Media Health Literacy. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):141-6.
13. AbbasZadeh Bazzi M, Karimiaval M. Relationship between Health Literacy and Self-Care Behaviors in Diabetic Patients Type II Referred to the Center of Diabetes Control and Prevention in Zabol. Journal of Health Literacy. 2018;3(1):10-9.
14. Lai AY, Ishikawa H, Kiuchi T, Mooppil N, Griva K. Communicative and critical health literacy, and self-management behaviors in end-stage renal disease patients with diabetes on hemodialysis. Patient education and counseling. 2013;91(2):221-7.
15. Schillinger D, Grumbach K, Piette J, Wang F, Osmond D, Daher C, et al. Association of health literacy with diabetes outcomes. Jama. 2002;288(4):475-82.
16. Rezaee Esfahrood Z HaA, Rahmanian M, Ghaffari Targhi M. A Survey on Health Literacy of Referred Diabetic Patients to Yazd Diabetes Research Center. TB. 2016;15(3):176-86.
17. Abazari P VZ, Mohammadi I, Amini M. Obstaclesof effectiveness in diabetes management education. Iranian Journal of Education in Medical Sciences. 2014;13:221-32.
18. Williams M, Parker R, Baker D, Coates W, Nurss J. The impact of inadequate functional health literacy on patients' understanding of diagnosis, prescribed medications, and compliance. Acad Emerg Med. 1995;2(5):386.
19. Reisi M, Javadzade SH, Mostafavi F, Sharifirad G, Radjati F, Hasanzade A. Relationship between health literacy, health status, and healthy behaviors among older adults in Isfahan, Iran. Journal of Education and Health Promotion. 2012;1(1):31.
20. Kooshyar H, Shoorvazi M, Dalir Z, Hosseini M. Health literacy and its relationship with medical adherence and health-related quality of life in diabetic community-residing elderly. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences. 2014;23(1):134-43.
21. Ghaedi M, Banihashemi F, Latifi M, Soleymaninejad M. The relationship between health literacy and self-care among patients with type 2 diabetes residing in the city of Bastak. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2016;18(2):90-6.
22. Osborn CY, Cavanaugh K, Wallston KA, Kripalani S, Elasy TA, Rothman RL, et al. Health literacy explains racial disparities in diabetes medication adherence. Journal of health communication. 2011;16(sup3):268-78.
23. McCleary-Jones V. Health literacy and its association with diabetes knowledge, self-efficacy and disease self-management among African Americans with diabetes mellitus. ABNF Journal. 2011;22(2).
24. Gholamaliei B, Karimi-Shahanjarini A, Roshanaei G, Rezapour-Shahkolaei F. Medication Adherence and its Related Factors in Patients with Type II Diabetes. Journal of Education and Community Health. 2016;2(4):3-12.
25. Dashtian M, Eftekhar Ardebili H, Karimzadeh Shirazi K, Shahmoradi M, Azam K. Predicting Factors Affecting Medication Adherence and Physical Activity in Patients with Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus Based on the Theory of Planned Behavior. Journal of School of Public Health and Institute of Public Health Research. 2017;15(2):133-46.
26. Ganiyu AB, Mabuza LH, Malete NH, Govender I, Ogunbanjo GA. Non-adherence to diet and exercise recommendations amongst patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus attending Extension II Clinic in Botswana. African Journal of Primary Health Care and Family Medicine. 2013;5(1):1-6.