1. zarrinkolah A, Dashti F, Abedi H, Masoudi SM. A Study of Puberty Health Literacy Level of the First 14-16 Year Girls Grade High School Students in the Eghlid City. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):164-71.
2. Schwarzer R, Antoniuk A, Gholami M. A brief intervention changing oral self‐care, self‐efficacy, and self‐monitoring. British journal of health psychology. 2015;20(1):56-67.
3. Mosher HJ, Lund BC, Kripalani S, Kaboli PJ. Association of health literacy with medication knowledge, adherence, and adverse drug events among elderly veterans. Journal of health communication. 2012;17(sup3):241-51.
4. Peyman N, Abdollahi M. The relationship between health literacy and self-efficacy physical activity in postpartum women. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(1):5-12.
5. Schmidt U, Lee S, Beecham J, Perkins S, Treasure J, Yi I, et al. A randomized controlled trial of family therapy and cognitive behavior therapy guided self-care for adolescents with bulimia nervosa and related disorders. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2007;164(4):591-8.
6. Khezrlu, S.; & Fizi, A. Investigating the relationship between the perceived self-efficacy and self-care performance in patients with diabetes referring to Urmia Diabetes Clinic. Journal of Nursing and Midwifery Urmia University of Medical Sciences.2012;10 (3): 369-375.
7. Speirs, K. E., Messiria, L. A., Munger, A. L., & Grutzmacher S. K. Health literacy and nutrition behaviors among low-income adults. Journal of health care for the poor and underserved. 2012; 23(3): 1082-1091.
8. Kindig, D. A., Panzer, A. M., & Nielsen-Bohlman, L. Health Literacy: A Prescription to End Confusion. National Academies Press.2012
9. DeWalt, D. A., Berkman, N. D., Sheridan, S., Lohr, K. N., & Pignone, M. P. Literacy and health outcomes. Journal of general internal medicine.2004; 19(12): 1228-39.
10. Sudore, R. L., Mehta, K. M., Simonsick, E. M., Harris, T. B., Newman, A. B, & Satterfield, S. Limited literacy in older people and disparities in health and healthcare access. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2006; 54(5): 770-6.
11. Sørensen K, Van den Broucke S, Fullam J, Doyle G, Pelikan J, Slonska Z, et al. Health literacy and public health: a systematic review and integration of definitions and models. BMC public health. 2012;12(1):80-94.
12. Tehrani H. Media Health Literacy. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):141-6.
13. Peyman N, Samiee Roudi K. Investigating the status of health literacy among health providers of rural area. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(1):46-52.
14. Murray, S., Rudd, R., Kirsch, I., & Yamamoto, K. Health Literacy in Canada: Initial results from the International Adult Literacy and Skills Survey. Ottawa, Ontario: Canadian Council on Learning.2007.
15. Peerson A, Saunders M. Men's health literacy in Australia: in search of a gender lens. International Journal of Men's Health. 2011;10(2):111-35.
16. Ye, X. H., Yang, Y., Gao, Y. H., Chen, S. D., Xu, Y. Status and Determinants of Health Literacy among Adolescents in Guangdong China. Asian pacific. Journal of Cancer Prevention. 2014; 15(20): 48-55.
17. Hutchison, J., Warren, F. J., Dulin, M., Tapp, H., & Kuhn, L. The Association Between Health Literacy and Diet Adherence Among Primary Care Patients with Hypertension. Journal of Health Disparities Research and Practice.2014; 7(2): 109-126.
18. Shahbazi, S. Comparison of self-efficacy, marital adjustment and quality of life in women with polycystic ovary syndrome and the healthy ones. M.A. Thesis in Psychology, University of Guilan.2014
19. Schultz, D. & Schultz, S. (2005). Theories of personality. Translated by Seyyed Yahya Mohammadi (2009). Tehran: edit.
20. Rezasefat A.; Mir Haghjoo, N.; Jafari Asl, M.; Koohmanaei; Kazemnejad Leili, F.; & Monfared, A. The relationship between self-efficacy and self-care in adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Comprehensive Nursing and Midwifery.2014; 24 (72): 18-24.
21. Davari, L.; Eslami, A. A.; & Hasanzadeh, A. (2014). Evaluation of self-care performance and its correlation with the perceived self-efficacy in patients with type 2 diabetes. Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism of Iran.2014; 16 (6):402-410.
22. Lee E-H, Lee YW, Moon SH. A structural equation model linking health literacy to self-efficacy, self-care activities, and health-related quality of life in patients with type 2 diabetes. Asian nursing research. 2016;10(1):82-7.
23. Heijmans M, Waverijn G, Rademakers J, van der Vaart R, Rijken M. Functional, communicative and critical health literacy of chronic disease patients and their importance for self-management. Patient Education and Counseling. 2015;98(1):41-8.
24. Sheikh Sharafi, H. & Seyyed Amini. Investigating the level of health literacy and the ability of self-care in patients with heart failure. Quarterly Journal of Health Literacy.2016; 4(4): 203-219.
25. Guntzviller, L. M., King, A. J., Jensen, J. D., & Davis, L. A. Self-Efficacy, Health Literacy, and Nutrition and Exercise Behaviors in a Low-Income, Hispanic Population. Journal of Immigrant Minority Health.2016; 5(1): 384-399.
26. Lai, A. Y., Ishikawa, H., Kiuchi, T., Mooppil, N., & Griva, k. Communicative and critical health litarcy, and self –management behaviors in and –stage renai disease panents with diabetes on hemodialysis. Patient Educ Coun.2013; 91(2): 241-7.
27. Manganello, J. A., & Shone, L. P. Health Literacy: Research FACTS and findings. ACT for Youth Center of Excellence Ithaca, NY. Available at:http://www.actforyouth.net/resources/rf/rf_healthliteracy_ 0513;2013
28. Manganello JA. Health literacy and adolescents: a framework and agenda for future research. Health education research. 2007;23(5):840-7.
29. Santoro K, Speedling C. The case for investing in youth health literacy: One step on the path to achieving health equity for adolescents. NIHCM Issue Brief. 2011:1-15.
30. Eyüboğlu E, Schulz PJ. Do health literacy and patient empowerment affect self-care behaviour? A survey study among Turkish patients with diabetes. BMJ open. 2016;6(3):e010186.
31. Masters, K. Nursing Theories: a framework for professional practice. USA: Jones & Bartlett Learning;2014
32. Heo, S., Moser, D. K., Lennie, T. A., Riegel, B., & Chung, M. Gender Differences in and factors related to self-care behaviors: A cross- sectional study of patients with heart failure. International Journal of Nursing Studies.2008; 45(12):1807-15.
33. Huang L, Li L, Zhang Y, Li H, Li X, Wang H. Self-efficacy, medication adherence, and quality of life among people living with HIV in Hunan Province of China: a questionnaire survey. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. 2013;24(2):145-53.
34. Dickson, V. V., Nocella, J., Yoon, H. W., Hammer, M., Melkus, G. D., & Chyun, D. Cardiovascular disease self-care interventions. Nurs Res Pract.2013; 54(21): 76-89.
35. Morovati Sharifabadi, M. A.; Ruhani Tonokaboni, N. Perceived self-efficacy in self-care behaviors among diabetic patients referring to Yazd Diabetes Research Center. Journal of Birjand University of Medical Sciences.2008; 15 (4): 91-100.
36. Shakibazadeh, E.; Rashidian, A.; Larijani, B.; Shojaeizadeh, D.; Forozanfar, M. H.; & Karimi, A. Perceived Barriers and Self-efficacy: Impact on Self-care Behaviors in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes. Journal of Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran University of Medical Sciences (Hayat).2010; 15 (4): 69-78.
37. Mohammad-Alizadeh-Charandabi S., Mirghafourvand M., Tavananezhad N. & Karkhaneh M. Health promoting lifestyles and self-efficacy in adolescent boys. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences. 2014; 23 (109): 152-162.
38. Bandura A. Adolescent development from an agentic perspective. Self-efficacy beliefs of adolescents. 2006;5(1-43).