1. Ua-Kit N, Phuphaibul R, Panitrat R, Loveland-Cherry C, Vorapongsathorn T. Cigarette smoking behavior among Thai adolescents in Metropolitan Bangkok. Thai Journal of Nursing Research. 2004; 8(4): 245-312.
2. Jadid milani M, Arshadi F, Asadi Noghabi A. community of Health Nursing . 3th ed .Tehran: Andishe Rafie. 2006. [Persian].
3. Aziz K, Sharghi A. Norms of behavior factors affecting smoking in students. Journal of Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery 2009: (11): 1-7.
4. Taremian F, Bolhari J, Pairavi H, Ghazi Tabatabaei M. The prevalence of drug abuse among university students in Tehran. Iran J Psychiatry Clin Psychol. 2008; 13(4): 335-42. [Persian].
5. Babaei Heidarabadi A, Ramezankhani A, Barekati H, Vejdani M, Shariatinejad K, Panahi R, Kashfi SH, Imanzad M. Prevalence of Substance Abuse Among Dormitory Students of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran. High Risk Behav Addict. 2015; 4(2); e22350. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26405679.
6. Yong-Bing L, Liu L, Yan-Fei L, Yan-Li C. Relationship between health literacy, health-related behaviors and health status: a survey of elderly Chinese. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health. 2015: 12: 9714-25.
7. Stewart W.D, Vidrine IJ, Shete S, Spears AC, Cano AM, Correa-Fernández V, et al. Health Literacy, Smoking, and Health Indicators in African American Adults. Health Commun. 2015; 20(2): 24-33.
8. Stewart DW, Cano MA, Correa-Fernández, Spears CA, Li y, Waters AJ, et al. Lower health literacy predicts smoking relapse among racially/ethnically diverse smokers with low socioeconomic status. BMC Public Health. 2014; 14:716:1-6.
9. Stewart DW, Adams CE, Correa-Fernández, Li y , Wetter DW, Vidrine JI. Association between health literacy and established predictors of smoking cessation. Am J Public Health. 2013; 103(7): e43-9.
10. Arabzade S, Jalili Z, Tavakoli R. A survey of health literacy level and its relationship with Preventive behaviors of smoking in adolescents 15-18 years of prophylactic Bushehr Provinc [Msc dissertion in health education]. Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, 2016. [Persian].
11. Nutbeam D, Kickbusch I. Advancing health literacy: a global challenge for the 21st century. Health Promot. 2000; 15: 183
12. Manganello JA. Health literacy and adolescents: a framework and agenda for future research. Health Educ Res. 2008; 23(5): 840-7.
13. Azimi S, Ramezankhani A, Rakhshani F, Ghaffari M, Ghanbari S. [Comparison of health literacy between medical and non-medical students in Shahid Beheshti Universities in the academic year 92-93]. Pejouhandeh. 2015; 20(2): 78-85. [Persian]. 14. Li K, Kay NS. Correlates of cigarette smoking among male chinese college student in china: A preminary syudy. Int Electron J Health Educ. 2009 ;12: 59-71.
15. Glanz K, Rimer BK, Lewis FM. Health Behavior and Health Education: Theory, Research, and Practice (3rd Edition). San Francisco, Calif: Jossey-Bass, 2008.
16. Sharifirad GhR, Hazavei MM, Hasanzadeh A, Daneshamouz A. [The effect of health education based on health belief model on preventive actions of smoking in grade one middle school students]. Arak University of Medical Sciences Journal. 2007; 10(1): 79-86. [Persian].
17. Khazaee-Pool M, Zarei F, Pashaei T, Shojaeizadeh D. [The effect of an educational intervention based on Health Belief Model on improving smoking preventive behaviors among high school male students in Nowshahr]. Iran J Health Educ Health Promot. 2016; 4(4): 300-308. [Persian].
18. Rahnavard Z, Mohammadi M, Rajabi F, Zolfaghari M. [An Educational Intervention Using Health Belief Model on Smoking Preventive Behavior among Female Teenagers]. Journal of Hayat. 2011; 17(3):15-26. [Persian].
19. Setoudeh A, Tahmasebi R, Noroozi A. [Effect of education by health volunteers on reducing water-pipe use among women in Bushehr: an application of Health Belief Model]. Hayat, Journal of School of Nursing and Midwifery, Tehran University of Medical Sciences. 2016; 22(1): 50-64. [Persian].
20. Chi YC, Wu CL, Chen CY, Lyu SY, Lo FE, Morisky DE. Randomized trial of a secondhand smoke exposure reduction intervention among hospital-based pregnant women. Addict Behav. 2015; 41: 117-23.
21. MokhtariLaleh N, Ghodsi H, Asiri SH, Kazemnejad E. Relationship between Health Belief Model and smoking in male students of Guilan University of Medical Sciences. GUMS. 2013; 22(85): 33-41. [Persian].
22. Safari M, ShojaeiZadeh D, Ghofranipour F, Heidarnia AR, Pakpur Hajiagha A. ]Theories, models and methods of health education and health promotion[. 3th ed. Tehran: Sobhan; 2015. [Persian].
23. Mikhail BI, Petro-Nustas WI. Transcultural adaptation of Champions Health Belief Model scales. Journal of Nursing Scholarship 2001; 33(2): 159-65.
24. Gebhardt W, Maes S. Integrating social-psychological frameworks for health behavior research. American Journal of Health behavior 2001; 25(6): 528-36.
25. Safari M, ShojaeiZadeh D, Ghofranipour F, Pakpur Hajiagha A, Ramezankhani A, Hosseini sedeh SR. ]Health Communication[. 2th ed. Tehran: Sobhan; 2012. [Persian].
26. Namdar A, Bigizadeh Sh, Naghizadeh MM. Measuring Health Belief Model Components in Adopting Preventive Behaviors towards Cervical Cancer. Journal of Fasa University of Medical Sciences 2012; 2(1): 34-44. [Persian].
27. Glashen MR, Stoodt, G, Ferraro A, Rohrer, J. Health literacy and the level of hypertension in urban Latinos. Dissertations and Doctoral Studies in Public Health. Walden University; 2015.
28. Arnold CL, Davis TC, Berkel HJ, Jackson RH, Nandy I, London S. Smoking status, reading level, and knowledge of tobacco effects among low-income pregnant women. Prev Med. 2001; 32(4): 313–320.
29. Sramova B. Health Literacy and Perception of Social Advertisement. Procedia Econ. Financ. 2015; 23: 691-6.
30. Shahnazi H, Sharifirad Gh, Reisi M, Javadzade H, Radjati F, Charkazi A, Moody M. Factors Associated with Cigarette Smoking based on Constructs of Health Belief Model in Pre-University Students in 2011 in Isfahan. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research.2013; 9 (4): 378-84. [Persian].
31. Hajizade E, Asghari M. Methods and statistical analysis Looking at the methodology. Press agency SID; 2011. [Persian].
32. Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Rakhshani F, Azin SA, Jahangiri K, Ebadi M. Health Literacy for Iranian Adults (HELIA): development and psychometric Properties. Payesh 2014; 13: 589-9. [Persian]
33. Gao LL, Ip WY, Sun K. Validation of the Short Form of the Chinese Childbirth Self-Efficacy Inventory in Mainland China. Research in nursing and health 2011; 34: 49-59
34. Munro BH. Statistical methods for health care research. 5th Edition, Lippincott Williams Wilkins: UK, 2005.
35. Hooman H. Structural equation modeling with Lisrel application. 1 st Edition, Samt Inc: Tehran, 2005. [Persian]
36. Sharma S, Mukherjee S, Kumar A, Dillon W.R. A simulation study to investigate the use of cut off values for assessing model fit in covariance structure models. Journal of Business Research 2005; 58: 935-43.
37. Marsh HW, Hau K, Wen Z. In search of golden rules: comment on hypothesis testing approaches to setting cut-off values for fit indexes and dangers in over generalizing Hu and Bentler’s findings. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal 2004; 11: 320-41
38. Marsh HW, Balla JR, McDonald RP. Goodness-off it indices in confirmatory factor analysis: the effect of sample size. Psychological Bulletin 1988; 103: 391- 410
39. Haeri Mehrizi AA, Tavousi M, Rafieifar SH, et al. Health Literacy for Iranian Adults (HELIA): the confirmatory factor analysis. Payesh. 2016; 15(3): 251-57. [Persian].
40. Kenny DA. 2015. ‘Measuring Model Fit’. (Available at: http://davidakenny.net/cm/fit.htm#RMSEA 2016).
41. Mackert M, Guadagno M. The Health Belief Model and Health Literacy: The Case of Perfect Knowledge (pp. 225-232). Available from:
42. Chan MF, Kwong WS, Zang Y, and Wan PY. Evaluation of an osteoporosis prevention education programme for young adults. Journal of Advanced Nursin. 2007; 3: 270-85.
43. Hazavehei SMM, Sohrabi Vafa M, moeini B, Soltanian AL, Rezaei L. Assessment of oral dental health status: using Health Belief Model in first grade guidance school students in Hamedan. Jundishapur Journal of Health Sciences. 2012; 3(4): 65-75. [Persian].
44. Yu S HY. Knowledge of, attitudes toward, and activity to prevent osteoporosis among middle-aged and elderly women. J Nurs Res. 2003; 11(1): 65-72.