1. Health literacy: report of the Council on Scientific Affairs. Ad hoc committee on health literacy for the council on scientific affairs, American Medical Association. JAMA. 1999;281(6):552-7.
2. Nutbeam D. Health literacy as a public health goal: a challenge for contemporary health education and communication strategies into the 21st century. Health promotion international. 2000;15(3):259-67.
3. Perlow E. Accessibility: global gateway to health literacy. Health promotion practice. 2010;11(1):123-31.
4. WHO. Health litreracy ,the solid facts. Denmark: Regional Office for Europe; 2013. Available from: www.euro.who.int.
5. Isman A, İlgün G, Turaç İS, Orak S. International conference on new horizons in education, INTE 2014, 25-27 June 2014, Paris, FranceHealth Literacy. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2015;174:2629-33.
6. Castro-Sánchez E, Chang PW, Vila-Candel R, Escobedo AA, Holmes AH. Health literacy and infectious diseases: why does it matter? International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2016;43:103-110.
7. Petroll AE, Hare CB, Pinkerton SD. The essentials of HIV: a review for nurses. Journal of Infusion Nursing: the official publication of the Infusion Nurses Society. 2008;31(4):228.
8. Deppe SJ, Sawkin MT, Stoner SC, Rasu RS, editors. Health literacy and adherence, do they vary by medication regimen? Pharmacotherapy; 2012: Wiley-blackwell.
9. Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Health literacy and use of outpatient physician services by medicare managed care enrollees. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2004;19(3):215-20.
10. Şener S, Sarıdoğan E, Staub S, Aydın GÖ, Kaya N, Turan N. World conference on technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.The role of health literacy in access to online health information. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2015;195:1683-7.
11. Wei M-H. The associations between health literacy, reasons for seeking health information, and information sources utilized by Taiwanese adults. Health Education Journal. 2014;73(4):423-34.
12. Kutner M, Greenburg E, Jin Y, Paulsen C. The Health literacy of america's adults: results from the 2003 national assessment of adult literacy. NCES 2006-483. 2006.National Center for Education Statistics.
13. Tavousi M, Mehrizi AH, Rafiefar S, Solimanian A, Sarbandi F, Ardestani M, et al. Health literacy in Iran: findings from a national study. Payesh. 2016;15(1):95-102 [Persian].
14. Banihashemi S-AT, Amirkhani MA, Haghdoost AA, Alavian S-M, Asgharifard H, Baradaran H, et al. Health literacy and the influencing factors: a study in five provinces of Iran. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2007;4(1):1-9 [Persian].
15. Khosravi A, Ahmadzadeh K. Investigating health literacy level of patients referred to Bushehr hospitals and recognizing its effective factors. Iranian South Medical Journal. 2015;18(6):1245-53 [Persian].
16. Reisi M, Javadzade SH, Mostafavi F, Sharifirad G, Radjati F, Hasanzade A. Relationship between health literacy, health status, and healthy behaviors among older adults in Isfahan, Iran. Journal of Education and Health Promotion. 2012;1(1):31.
17. UNFPA. International-Conference-on-Population-and-Development 1994. Available from: http://www.unfpa.org/public/home/sitemap/icpd/International-Conference-on-Population-and-Development.
18. EMR. Sexual & reproductive health needs analysis: findings and recommendations Melbourne: Women’s Health East; 2016 [cited Jun2016]. Available from: http://whe.org.au/2016/04/28/eastern-metropolitan-region-sexual-reproductive-health-needs-analysis/.
19. Thompson J, Havenga Y, Naude S. The health literacy needs of women living with HIV/AIDS. Health SA Gesondheid. 2015;20(1):11-21.
20. Allen C, K T-P, D G. The need for a sexual and reproductive health literacy strategy for eastern Caribbean youth: a literature review and focus group discussions with young people in four countries.Caribbean Public Health Agency 58th Annual Scientic Meeting; Hilton Hotel, Barbados: UNFPA; May 2, 2013.
21. Shieh C, Halstead JA. Understanding the impact of health literacy on women's health. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing. 2009;38(5):601-12.
22. Kawata S, Hatashita H, Kinjo Y. Development of a health literacy scale for women of reproductive age: an examination of reliability and validity in a study of female workers. Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi. 2014;61(4):186-96.
23. Ghanbari S, Majlessi F, Ghaffari M, Majdabadi MM. Evaluation of health literacy of pregnant women in urban health centers of Shahid Beheshti Medical University. Daneshvar Medicine. 2011;19(97):1-12 [Persian].
24. Aslani A, Khosravi A. Investigating Health Belief model component about sexual and reproductive health in college female students. Journal of Health Literacy . 2016; 1 (1) :39-45 [Persian].
25. Glover, R. (2015, November). Barbie's to birth control: Using focus groups with adolescent females to identify the barriers to understanding reproductive and sexual health. In 2015 APHA Annual Meeting & Expo (Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 2015). APHA.
26. Heijmans M, Waverijn G, Rademakers J et al. Functional, communicative and critical health literacy of chronic disease patients and their importance for self-management.Patient education and counseling.2015; 98: 41-48.
27. Paasche‐Orlow, M. K., Parker, R. M., Gazmararian, J. A., Nielsen‐Bohlman, L. T., & Rudd, R. RThe prevalence of limited health literacy. Journal of general internal medicine. (2005) ; 20(2):175-1.
28. Baker, D. W., Gazmararian, J. A., Sudano, J., & Patterson, M. The association between age and health literacy among elderly persons. The Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences.2000;55(6): 368-374.
29. Stallings E. Literacy and culture as determinants of health: designing education for improved outcomes. 2015. PhD Thesis. Drew University.
30. Jovic-Vranes A, Bjegovic-Mikanovic V. Which women patients have better health literacy in Serbia? Patient education and counseling. 2012;89(1):209-12.
31. Jeong SH, Kim HK. Health literacy and barriers to health information seeking: a nationwide survey in South Korea. Patient Education and Counseling.2016;99.11: 1880-1887.
32. Bennett LR. ‘Islam as a medium for promoting reproductive rights’, in women, Islam and modernity: single women, sexuality and reproductive health in contemporary Indonesia. London/ New York: Routledge/Curzon; 2005.
33. Shepard BL, DeJong JL. Breaking the silence and saving lives: young peoples sexual and reproductive health in the Arab States and Iran. 2005.
34. Kohan S,Mohammadi F,Mostafavi F,Gholami A.Being single as a social barrier to access reproductive healthcare services by Iranian girls. Int J Health Policy Manag. 2017;6(3): 147–153.