1. Tehrani H. Media Health Literacy. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):141-6.
2. World Health Organization (1998) Division of Health Promotion, Education and Communications Health Education and Health Promotion Unit. Health Promotion Glossary. World Health Organization, Geneva.
3. Nutbeam D, Kickbusch I. Advancing health literacy: a global challenge for the 21st century. Health Promot 2000; 15: 183-4.
4.Tehrani Banihashemi SA, Amirkhani MA, Haghdoost AA, Alavian SM, Asgharifard H, Baradaran H et al. Health Literacy and the Influencing Factors: A Study in Five Provinces of Iran. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2007; 4(1): 1-9.
5. Baker DW. The meaning and the measure of health literacy. Journal of general internal medicine. 2006; 21(8): 878-83.
6. Tandiseh Bana A. E-health status in the information society and its future prospects. Journal of Health Literacy. 2017;2(1):5-11.
7. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Hasanzadeh A, Sharifirad GH. The relationship between health literacy, health status and healthy behaviors among elderly in Isfahan. Health System Research 2011; 7(4): 1-12.
8. Ghanbari S, Majlessi F, Ghaffari M, Mahmoodi Majdabadi M. Evaluation of health literacy of pregnant woman in urban health centers of Shahid Beheshti Medical University. Daneshvar Medicine 2012; 19(97): 1-12.
9. Azimi S, Ramezankhani A, Rakhshani F, Ghaffari M, Ghanbari S. Comparison of health literacy between medical and non-medical students in Shahid Beheshti Universities in the academic year 92-93. Pejouhandeh 2015; 20(2): 78-85.
10. Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Haeri AA, Rafiefar SH, Solimanian A, Sarbandi F, Ardestani M, Hashemi A . Health literacy in Iran: findings from a national study. Payesh 2015; 15: 95-102
11. Sahrayi M, Panahi R, Kazemi S, Rostami Z, Rezaei H, Jorvand R. The study of Health Literacy of adults in Karaj. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016; 1(4): 230-238.
12. Rahnavard Z, Mohammadi M, Rajabi F, Zolfaghari M. An educational intervention using health belief model on smoking preventive behaviors among female teenagers. Hayat. 2011; 17(3): 15-26.
13. Virelli LJ. Permissible burden or constitutional violation--a first amendment analysis of congress' proposed removal of tax deductibility from tobacco advertisements. J Const L. 2000; 2(2): 5-29.
14. Petersen PE. The World Oral Health Report 2003: continuous improvement of oral health in the 21st century--the approach of the WHO Global Oral Health Programme. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2003; 31 (S1): 3-23.
15. WHO. Why tobacco is a public health priority. Tobacco free initiative. Geneva: World Health Organization. 2008.
16. Shah VN, Verma PB, Tripathi CB. Knowledge, attitude and practice regarding tobacco consumption among the college students of Bhavnagar city (Gujarat). Indian Journal of Community Medicine 2005; 30: 1-4.
17. Fayaz-Bakhsh A, Shokoohi M, Jarrahi L. Assessment of tobacco use Khowledge, Attitude and Practice of “Tehran university of medical sciences” students. JIUMS 2010; 27(103): 823-31.
18. Stewart W.D, Vidrine IJ, Shete S, Claire A.S et al. Health Literacy, Smoking, and Health Indicators in African American Adults. Journal of Health Communication. 2015; 20(2): 24-33.
19. Arabzade S, Jalili Z, Tavakoli R. A survey of health literacy level and its relationship with Preventive behaviors of smoking in adolescents 15-18 years of prophylactic Bushehr Provinc [Msc dissertion in health education]. Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, 2016.
20. Shieh C, Halstead JA. Understanding the impact of health literacy on women’s health. Journal of obstetric, Gynecologic &Neonatal Nursing 2009; 8(5): 601-612.
21. Haerian Ardakani A, Morowatisharifabad MA, Rezapour Y, Pourghayumi Ardakani A. Investigation of the Relationship of Oral Health lteracy and Oral hygiene Self-Efficacy with Self-Reported Oral and Dental Health in Students. Journal of Yazd Health School Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences andalth Services.2014; 13(5): 125-40.
22. Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Rakhshani F, Azin S A, Jahangiri K, Ebadi M. Health Literacy for Iranian Adults (HELIA): development and psychometric Properties. Payesh 2014; 13: 589-9
23. Heydari GR, Ramezankhaki A, Hosseini M, Yusefifard M, Masjedi MR. Knowledge, attitude and practice of male teachers in schools in Tehran guidance on the use of Smoking. Payesh 2009; 4: 355-61.
24. Zhang Q, Cui G, editors. Investigation and analysis of Xi’an college students’ health literacy. Human Health and Biomedical Engineering (HHBE); 2011. International Conference on 2011: 994-7. Available from: http://ieeexplore. ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6028991&isnumber=6027878
25. Mahmoudi H, Taheri A. Relation between Information Literacy and Health Literacy of Students in Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. Human Information Interaction 2015; 2: 31-41.
26. Vozikis A, Drivas K, Milioris K. Health literacy among university students in Greece: determinants and association with self-perceived health, health behaviors and health risks. Archives of Public Health. 2014; 72(1): 15. Available from: /http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=4066308&tool=pmcentrez&rendertype=abstract
27. Mohmmadzade B, Hasanloo H, Zarei F, Khazaeipul M. Survey of knowledge, attitude and practice of students of medical sciences university about smoking. Poster presented at the Seventh National Congress on Health Education and Health Promotion. Tehran, 2016. Available from: http://seminar.ihepsa.ir/files/site1/pages/oral_&_poster__ok.pdf
28. Xu XH, Chen JW, Sun A, He ZJ. Analysis of tobacco-related knowledge, attitude and related factors among college students in Guangzhou city. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Za Zhi. 2013; 47(12): 1128-31.
29. Hessami Z, RamezanKhani A, SharifKashani B, Falahtafti S, Heydari GR. Evaluation of Knowledge, Attitude and Prevalence of Smoking among Sportsmen of National Teams of Iran, 2008. Hakim Research Journal 2010; 13(2): 115- 120.
30. Namakin K, Sharifizade GR, Miri MR. Prevalence of cigarette smoking and evaluation of attitude and knowledge in its high school boys in Birjand, 2005. Journal of Birjand University of Medical Sciences.2008; 15(1): 66-71.
31. Haqwi Al, Tamim H, Asery A. Knowledge, attitude and practice of tobacco smoking by medical students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Ann Thorac Med. 2010; 5(3): 145-8.
32. Han MY, Chen WQ, Chen X. Do smoking knowledge, attitudes and behaviors change with years of schooling? A comparison of medical with non-medical students in China. J Community Health. 2011; 36(6): 966-74.
33. Caroline K. Powell, Elizabeth G. Hill, Dawn E. Clancy. Results the relationship between Health Literacy and Diabetes Knowledge and readiness to take Health Actions. The Diabetes Educator J. 2007; 33: 144-51.
34. McCleary-Jones V. Health literacy and its association with diabetes knowledge, self-efficacy and disease self-management among African Americans with diabetes mellitus. ABNF J. 2011; 22(2): 25-32.
35. Bains SS, Egede LE. Associations between health literacy, diabetes knowledge, self-care behaviors, and glycemic control in a low income population with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2011; 13(3): 335-41.
36. Kandula NR, Nsiah-Kumi PA, Makoul G, Sager J, Zei CP, Glass S, Stephens Q, Baker DW. The relationship between health literacy and knowledge improvement after a multimedia type 2 diabetes education program. Patient Educ Couns. 2009; 75(3): 321-7.
37. Julie A Gazmarariana, Mark V Williamsb, Jennifer Peelc, David W Bakerd. Health literacy and knowledge of chronic disease. Patient education and counseling 2003; 51(3): 267-75.
38. Tol A, Pourreza A,Tavasoli E, Rahimi Foroshani A. Determination of knowledge and health literacy among women with type 2 diabetes in teaching hospitals of TUMS. Journal of Hospital. 2012; 11(3): 47-52.
39. KarimzadeShirazi K, Mahdavi SH. Specific health literacy skills osteoporosis and Nutritional preventive behaviors of disease in middle-aged women of Bandarabas, Iran 2016. Seventh National Congress on Health education & promotion in Tehran, 2016.
40. Mosher HJ, Lund BC, Kripalani S, Kaboli PJ. Association of health literacy with medication knowledge, adherence, and adverse drug events among elderly veterans. J Health Commun 2012; 17(3): 241-251.
41. Arnold CL, Davis TC, Berkel HJ, Jackson RH, Nandy I, London S. Smoking status, reading level, and knowledge of tobacco effects among low-income pregnant women. Prev Med. 2001; 32(4): 313–320.
42. Morris NS, Field TS, Wagner JL, Cutrona DW et al. The association between health literacy and cancer-related attitudes, behaviors, and knowledge. J Health Commun. 2013; 18(1): 223-41.
43. Guerra CE, Krumholz M, Shea JA. Literacy and knowledge, attitudes and behavior about mammography in Latinas. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2005; 16(1): 152-66.
44. Shah LC, West P, Bremmeyr K, Savoy-Moore RT. Health literacy instrument in family medicine: the “Newest Vital Sign” ease of use and correlates. J Am Board Fam Med 2010; 23(2): 195-203.