1. Roger VL, Go AS, Lloyd-Jones DM, Benjamin EJ, Berry JD, Borden WB, et al. Heart disease and stroke statistics--2012 update: a report from the American Heart Association. Circulation. 2012;125(1):e2-e220.
2. Sun L-y, Lee E-w, Zahra A, Park J-h. Risk factors of cardiovascular disease and their related socio-economical, environmental and health behavioral factors: focused on low-middle income countries-a narrative review article. Iranian journal of public health. 2015;44(4):435.
3. Tsolekile LP, Abrahams-Gessel S, Puoane T. Healthcare professional shortage and task-shifting to prevent cardiovascular disease: implications for low-and middle-income countries. Current cardiology reports. 2015;17(12):115.
4. Shadmani FK, Karami M. Joint effect of modifying selected risk factors on attributable burden of cardiovascular diseases. International journal of preventive medicine. 2013;4(12):1461.
5. Beganlic A, Pavljasevic S, Kreitmayer S, Zildzic M, Softic A, Selmanovic S, et al. Qualitative Evaluation of Cardiovascular Diseases Management in Family Medicine Team in One Year Level. Medical Archives. 2015;69(3):140.
6. Vahedian-Shahroodi M, Tehrani H, Mohammadi F, Gholian-Aval M, Peyman N. Applying a health action model to predict and improve healthy behaviors in coal miners. Global health promotion. 2018:1757975918764309.
7. Daryasari GA, Karkezloo NV, Mohammadnejad E, Vosooghi MN, Kagi MA. Study of the self-care agency in patients with heart failure. Iran J Crit Care Nurs. 2012;4:203-8.
8. Peyman N, Rezai-Rad M, Tehrani H, Gholian-Aval M, Vahedian-Shahroodi M, Heidarian Miri H. Digital Media-based Health Intervention on the promotion of Women’s physical activity: a quasi-experimental study. BMC Public Health. 2018;18(1):134.
9. Siuki HA, Peyman N, Vahedian-Shahroodi M, Gholian-Aval M, Tehrani H. Health Education Intervention on HIV/AIDS Prevention Behaviors among Health Volunteers in Healthcare Centers: An Applying the Theory of Planned Behavior. Journal of Social Service Research. 2019;45(4):582-8.
10. Reisi M, Javadzade SH, Mostafavi F, Sharifirad G, Radjati F, Hasanzade A. Relationship between health literacy, health status, and healthy behaviors among older adults in Isfahan, Iran. Journal of education and health promotion. 2012;1(1):31.
11. Kato N, Kinugawa K, Nakayama E, Tsuji T, Kumagai Y, Imamura T, et al. Insufficient self-care is an independent risk factor for adverse clinical outcomes in Japanese patients with heart failure. International heart journal. 2013;54(6):382-9.
12. Momeni m, Khoshtarash m, Ghanbari Khanghah a, Salehzadeh A, Rahmatpour P. Self-care behaviors and related factors in patients with heart failure reffering to medical & educational center of heart in Rasht.. Journal of Holistic Nursing and Midwifery. 2013;23(1):22-9.
13. Zahra Farghadani, Zahra Taheri-Kharameh, Alireza Airi-Mehra, Ali Montazeri. Self-care behaviors and its related factors in patients with heart failure. Health Monitor Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research. 2018;17(4):371-9.
14. Farin E, Ullrich A, Nagl M. Health education literacy in patients with chronic musculoskeletal diseases: development of a new questionnaire and sociodemographic predictors. Health education research. 2013;28(6):1080-91.
15. Tehrani H, Majlessi F, Shojaeizadeh D, Sadeghi R, Kabootarkhani MH. Applying socioecological model to improve women’s physical activity: a randomized control trial. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2016;18(3).
16. Wang C, Kane RL, Xu D, Meng Q. Health literacy as a moderator of health-related quality of life responses to chronic disease among Chinese rural women. BMC women's health. 2015;15(1):34.
17. Frisch A-L, Camerini L, Diviani N, Schulz PJ. Defining and measuring health literacy: how can we profit from other literacy domains? Health promotion international. 2011;27(1):117-26.
18. Nam S, Chesla C, Stotts NA, Kroon L, Janson SL. Barriers to diabetes management: patient and provider factors. Diabetes research and clinical practice. 2011;93(1):1-9.
19. Tol A, Pourreza A, Rahimi Foroshani A, Tavassoli E. Assessing the effect of educational program based on small group on promoting knowledge and health literacy among women with type2 diabetes referring to selected hospitals affiliated to Tehran University of Medical Sciences. Razi Journal of Medical Sciences. 2013;19(104).
20. Haghdoost AA, Rakhshani F, Aarabi M, Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Solimanian A, et al. Iranian health literacy questionnaire (IHLQ): An instrument for measuring health literacy in Iran. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2015;17(6).
21. Macabasco-O’Connell A, DeWalt DA, Broucksou KA, Hawk V, Baker DW, Schillinger D, et al. Relationship between literacy, knowledge, self-care behaviors, and heart failure-related quality of life among patients with heart failure. Journal of general internal medicine. 2011;26(9):979-86.
22. Williams MV, Baker DW, Parker RM, Nurss JR. Relationship of functional health literacy to patients' knowledge of their chronic disease: a study of patients with hypertension and diabetes. Archives of internal medicine. 1998;158(2):166-72.
23. Ghanbari S, Majlessi F, Ghaffari M, Mahmoodi Majdabadi M. Evaluation of health literacy of pregnant women in urban health centers of Shahid Beheshti Medical University. Daneshvar. 2012;19(97):1-12.
24. von Wagner C, Knight K, Steptoe A, Wardle J. Functional health literacy and health-promoting behaviour in a national sample of British adults. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health. 2007;61(12):1086-90.
25. Afshari M, Khazaei S, Bahrami M, Merati H. Investigating adult health literacy in Tuyserkan city. J Educ Community Health. 2014;1(2):48-55.
26. Paasche‐Orlow MK, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nielsen‐Bohlman LT, Rudd RR. The prevalence of limited health literacy. Journal of general internal medicine. 2005;20(2):175-84.
27. Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Functional health literacy and the risk of hospital admission among Medicare managed care enrollees. American journal of public health. 2002;92(8):1278-83.
28. Lee S-YD, Tsai T-I, Tsai Y-W, Kuo KN. Health literacy, health status, and healthcare utilization of Taiwanese adults: results from a national survey. BMC public health. 2010;10(1):614.
29. SheikhSharafi H, Seyedamini B. Assessment of health literacy and self-care in heart failure patients. Journal of Health Literacy. 2017;1(4):203-19.
30. Khosravi A, Kh A, Sh A, Tahmasbi R. Health literacy levels of diabetic patients referred to Shiraz health centers and its effective factors. Health Inf Manage. 2015;12(2):205.
31. Cho YI, Lee S-YD, Arozullah AM, Crittenden KS. Effects of health literacy on health status and health service utilization amongst the elderly. Social science & medicine. 2008;66(8):1809-16.
32. Oksel E, AkbiyIk A, Kocak G. Self-care behavior analysis of patients with chronic heart failure. Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2009;31(7):s22.
33. Fatemeh Shojaei, Sedigheh Asemi, Akram Najaf Yarandi, Fatemeh Hosseini. Self- care behaviors in patients with heart failure. Health Monitor Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research. 2009;8(4):361-9.
34. Peters-Klimm F, Campbell S, Müller-Tasch T, Schellberg D, Gelbrich G, Herzog W, et al. Primary care-based multifaceted, interdisciplinary medical educational intervention for patients with systolic heart failure: lessons learned from a cluster randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2009;10(1):68.
35. Artinian NT, Magnan M, Christian W, Lange MP. What do patients know about their heart failure? Applied Nursing Research. 2002;15(4):200-8.
36. Akyol AD, Çetinkaya Y, Bakan G, Yaralı S, Akkuş S. Self‐care agency and factors related to this agency among patients with hypertension. Journal of clinical nursing. 2007;16(4):679-87.