1. Wharf Higgins J, Begoray D, MacDonald M. A social ecological conceptual framework for understanding adolescent health literacy in the health education classroom. American Community Psychol J. 2009;44(3-4):350-62.
2. Williams M, Parker R, Baker D, Coates W, Nurss J. The impact of inadequate functional health literacy on patients' understanding of diagnosis, prescribed medications, and compliance. Acad Emerg Med J. 1995;2(5):386.
3. Tehrani Banihashemi S-A, Amirkhani MA, Haghdoost AA, Alavian SM, Asgharifard H, H. B. Health literacy and the influencing factors: a study in five provinces of Iran. Strides Dev Med Education J. 2007;4(1):1-8.
4. Nutbeam D, Smith BJ, Tang KC. WHO Health Promotion Glossary: new terms. Health Promotion International J. 2006;21(4):340-5.
5. Mohammadi Farah S, Asr S, Hasan M, Kavivani Manesh A, Barati M, Afshari M, et al. health literacy level and its related factors among college students of Hamadan university of medical sciences, Hamadan, Iran. Educ Community Health J. 2017;4(2):11-7.
6. Tehrani H, Rahmani M, Jafari A. Health literacy and Its relationship with general health of women referring to health care centers. Journal of Health Literacy. 2018;3(3):191-8.
7. Bailey SC, McCormack LA, Rush SR, Paasche-Orlow MK. The progress and promise of health literacy research. health communication J. 2013;18(sup1):5-8.
8. F EA, Pirdehghan A, Rajabi F, Sayarifard A, Ghadirian L, Rostami N, et al. The study of health literacy of staff about risk factors of chronic diseases in 2014. Hamadan Univ Med Sci J. 2015;22(3):248-54.
9. Sørensen K, Van den Broucke S, Fullam J, Doyle G, Pelikan J, Slonska Z, et al. Health literacy and public health: a systematic review and integration of definitions and models. BMC public health J. 2012;12(1):80.
10. Peyman N, Abdollahi M. The relationship between health literacy and self-efficacy physical activity in postpartum women. Health Literacy J. 2016;1(1):5-12.
11. Begoray DL, Wharf-Higgins J, MacDonald M. High school health curriculum and health literacy: Canadian student voices. Global Health Promotion J. 2009;16(4):35-42.
12. Zarcadoolas C, Pleasant A, Greer DS. Advancing health literacy: A framework for understanding and action. Fransisco. sEJWSS, editor: John Wiley & Sons; 2009.
13. Franze M, Fendrich K, Schmidt CO, Fahland RA, Thyrian JR, Plachta-Danielzik S, et al. Implementation and evaluation of the population-based programme" health literacy in school-aged children"(GeKo KidS). Public Health J. 2011;19(4):339-47.
14. Frisch A-L, Camerini L, Diviani N, Schulz PJ. Defining and measuring health literacy: how can we profit from other literacy domains? Health promotion international J. 2011;27(1):117-26.
15. Khajouei R, Salehi F. Health literacy among Iranian high school students. American Health Behavior J. 2017;41(2):215-22.
16. Najafi F, Mozafari S, Mirzaee S. Assessment of 3rd grade junior school girl students' knowledge and attitude toward puberty age sanitation. Guilan Univ Med Sci J. 2012;21(81):22-8.
17. Khadivi A. Study of Health Literacy among Girl Students in Tabriz City, Iran, based on Demographic Characteristics. Health Information Management J. 2018;15(4):182-7.
18. Fatemeh Zahra Ahmadi, Mahmoud Mehr-Mohammadi, Ebrahim Talaee, Hashem Fardanesh, Mahdieh Paknahad, Susan Taghizadeh, et al. Health Literacy among students of Farhangian University. Health Monitor the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research J. 2018;17(3):257-66.
19. Baker DW. The meaning and the measure of health literacy. general internal medicine J. 2006;21(8):878-83.
20. De Onis M, Blössner M, Borghi E. Global prevalence and trends of overweight and obesity among preschool children. The American Clinical Nutrition J. 2010;92(5):1257-64.
21. Zare V GE, Asghari M. Health information-seeking behavior of public libraries in Qazvin. . Inf Res Public Libr J. 2014;76:93-112.
22. Nahvizadeh MM, Akhavan S, Arti S, Qaraat L, Geramian N, Farajzadegan Z, et al. A review study of substance abuse status in high school students, Isfahan, Iran. International Preventive Medicine J. 2014;5(Suppl 2):77-82.
23. Momtazi S, Rawson RA. Substance abuse among Iranian high school students. Current opinion in psychiatry J. 2010;23(3):221-6.
24. Mohammadi MR, Ahmadi N, Salmanian M, Asadian-Koohestani F, Ghanizadeh A, Alavi A, et al. Psychiatric disorders in Iranian children and adolescents. Iranian Psychiatry J. 2016;11(2):87-98.
25. Banihashemi S-AT, Amirkhani MA. Health literacy and the influencing factors: a study in five provinces of Iran. Strides in Development of Medical Education J. 2007;4:1-9.
26. Panahi R, Ramezankhani A, Tavousi M, Koosehloo A, Niknami S. Relationship of health literacy with knowledge and attitude toward the harms of cigarette smoking among University Students. Education Community Health J. 2017;3(4):38-44.
27. Panahi R. The Survey of association between health literacy and BMI among adolescents. Health Literacy J. 2017;2(1):22-30.
28. Guo S, Davis E, Yu X, Naccarella L, Armstrong R, Abel T, et al. Measuring functional, interactive and critical health literacy of Chinese secondary school students: reliable, valid and feasible? Global health promotion J. 2018;25(4):6-14.
29. Saeedi F, Panahi R, Osmani F. The Survey of Health Literacy and Factors Influencing It among High School Students in Tehran, 2016. Health Education & Health Promotion J. 2016;4(2):49-59.
30. Ghanbari S, Ramezankhani A, Montazeri A, Mehrabi Y. Health literacy measure for adolescents (HELMA): development and psychometric properties. Plos one J. 2016;11(2):e0149202.
31. Panahi R, Ramezankhani A, Tavousi M, Osmani F, Ghazanfari E, Niknami S. Evaluation of Health Literacy and its influencing factors on dormitory students of Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in Tehran. Educ Community Health J. 2016;3(3):30-6.
32. Ye X-H, Yang Y, Gao Y-H, Chen S-D, Xu Y. Status and determinants of health literacy among adolescents in Guangdong, China. Asian Pac Cancer Prev J. 2014;15(20):8735-40.
33. SaeediKoupai M, Motaghi M. Comparing Health Literacy in High School Female Students and Their Mothers Regarding Womens Health. Health Literacy J. 2017;1(4):220-9.
34. Ghaddar SF, Valerio MA, Garcia CM, Hansen L. Adolescent health literacy: the importance of credible sources for online health information. school health J. 2012;82(1):28-36.
35. Chang LC. Health literacy, self‐reported status and health promoting behaviours for adolescents in Taiwan. Clinical Nursing J. 2011;20(1‐2):190-6.
36. Sørensen K, Pelikan JM, Röthlin F, Ganahl K, Slonska Z, Doyle G, et al. Health literacy in Europe: comparative results of the European health literacy survey (HLS-EU). European public health J. 2015;25(6):1053-8.
37. Wu AD, Begoray DL, MacDonald M, Wharf Higgins J, Frankish J, Kwan B, et al. Developing and evaluating a relevant and feasible instrument for measuring health literacy of Canadian high school students. Health promotion international J. 2010;25(4):444-52.
38. Fakhri M, Hamzehgardeshi Z, Hajikhani Golchin NA, Komili A. Promoting menstrual health among persian adolescent girls from low socioeconomic backgrounds: a quasi-experimental study. BMC Public Health J. 2012;12(1):193.
39. Reisi M, Javadzade SH, Mostafavi F, Sharifirad G, Radjati F, Hasanzade A. Relationship between health literacy, health status, and healthy behaviors among older adults in Isfahan, Iran. education and health promotion J. 2012;1(1):31.
40. Kushalnagar P, Ryan C, Smith S, Kushalnagar R. Critical health literacy in American deaf college students. Health Promotion International J. 2017;33(5):827-33.
41. Paek H-J, Reber BH, Lariscy RW. Roles of interpersonal and media socialization agents in adolescent self-reported health literacy: a health socialization perspective. Health Education Research J. 2011;26(1):131-49.
42. Khoshravesh S, Moeini B, Rezapur-Shahkolai F, Taheri-Kharameh Z, Bandehelahi K. Health Literacy of Employees of Hamadan University of Medical Sciences and Related Demographic Factors. Education and Community Health J. 2018;5(1):19-26.
43. Brown SL, Teufel JA, Birch DA. Early Adolescents Perceptions of Health and Health Literacy*. School Health J. 2007;77(1):7-15.