1.Vosoghi Karkazloo N, Abootalebi Daryasari Gh, Farahani B, Mohammad Nezhad E, Sajjadi A.The study of self-care agency in patient with diabetes (Ardabil),Modern Care, Scientific Quarterly of Birjand Nursing and Midwifery Faculty.2012;8(4):197-204[ In Persian].
2. Bianco A, Pomara F, Thomas E, Oaoli A, Battaglia G, Petrucci M,et al. Type 2 Diabetes Family Histories, Body composition and fasting Glucose Levels: A Cross –Section Analysis in Healthy Sedentary Male and Female. Iran H Public Health.2013; 42(7):681-90.
3. Abou-Seif MA, Youssef AA. Evaluation of some biochemical changes in diabetic patients. Clin Chim Acta. 2004; 346(2): 161-70.
4.Deppe SJ, Sawkin MT, Stoner SC, Rasu RS, editors. Health literacy and adherence, do they vary by medication regimen? Pharmacotherapy. 2012: Wiley-blackwell.
5.Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Health literacy and use of outpatient physician services by medicare managed care enrollees. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2004;19(3):215-20.
6.Shaw JE,Sicree RA, Zimmet PZ. Global Estimates of the prevalence of diabetes for 2010 and 2030. Diabetes Res clin pract. 2010; 87(1):4-14.
7. Nikoogoftar M, Eshaghee F.Predicting self-care behaviours in diabetic patients with health locus of control and attachment methods.Journal of health psychology. 2013[ In Persian].
8.Bastable SB. Essentials of patient education. 1st ed. USA: Jones and Bartlett Learning; 2006.
9. Vosoghi Karkazloo N, Abootalebi Daryasari Gh, Farahani B, Mohammad Nezhad E, Sajjadi A. The study of self-care agency in patients with diabetes (Ardabil), Modern Care, Scientific Quarterly of Birjand Nursing and Midwifery Faculty. 2012;8(4):197-204(Persian).
10. Wei M-H. The associations between health literacy, reasons for seeking health information, and information sources utilized by Taiwanese adults. Health Education Journal. 2014;73(4):423-34.
11.Wallston KA. Hocus-pocus, the focus isn't strictly on locus: Rotter's social learning theory modified for health. Cognitive therapy and research. 1992; 16(2);183-99.
12.Barzegar B.F, Saleh poor M, Emamjomeh SM. The relationship between locus of control and self-esteem and creativity among the students Ardakan city high school. J Sch Psychol, Winter 2014.
13.Stenström U, Andersson P.Smoking, blood glucose control, and locus of control beliefs in people with Type 1 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Prac 2000; 50(2): 103–7.
14.Janowski K, Kurpas D, Kusz J, Mroczek B, Jedynak T. Health-related behavior, profile of health locus of control and acceptance of Illness in patients suffering from chronic somatic diseases. 2013:8(5).
15. Shojaei F, Asemi M, Najaf Yarandi A, Hosseini F. Self-Care Behaviors, Quality of Life Among Patients with Heart Failure. Iranian Journal of Nursing. 2006;18(44):49-55.
16.Kandula NR1, Nsiah-Kumi PA, Makoul G, Sager J, Zei CP, Glass S, et al.The relationship
between health literacy and knowledge improvement after a multimedia type 2 diabetes education
program. Patient Education and Counseling. 2009; 75(3): 321-7.
17.Tehrani H. Media Health Literacy. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):141-6.
18.WHO. Closing the gap in a generation: health equity through action on the social determinants of health: Commission on Social Determinants of Health final report. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2008.
19.Organization WHO. Division of Health Promotion,Education, and Communication. Health promotion glossary. Available from: http://appswhoint/iris/
20.Azimi S, Ramezankhani A, Rakhshani F, Ghaffari M,Ghanbari S. Comparison of health literacy between medical and non-medical students in Shahid Beheshti Universities in the academic year 92-93. Pejouhandeh. 2015; 20(2):78-85.
21.American Cancer Society, Joint Committee on National Health Education Standards. National health education standards: achieving health literacy. Washington (DC): American Cancer Society; 1997.
22.zarrinkolah A, Dashti F, Abedi H, Masoudi SM. A Study of Puberty Health Literacy Level of the First 14-16 Year Girls Grade High School Students in the Eghlid City. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016; 1(3):164-71.
23. Schillinger D, Grumbach K, Piette J, Wang F, Osmond D, Daher C, et al. Association of health literacy with diabetes outcomes. JAMA 2002; 288(4): 475-82.
24.Kutner M, Greenburg E, Jin Y, Paulsen C. The Health literacy of america's adults: results from the 2003 national assessment of adult literacy. NCES 2006-483. 2006.National Center for Education Statistics.
25.Reisi M, Javadzade SH, Heydarabadi AB, Mostafavi F, Tavassoli E, Sharifirad G. The relationship between functional health literacy and health promoting behaviors among older adults. J Educ Health Promot. 2014; 3:119.
26.Tavousi M, Haeri Mehrizi A A, Rafiee Far Sh, Solimanian A, Sarbandi F, Ardestani M, Hashemi A, Montazeri A. Health Literacy in Iran: Finding from National Study. Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences Research. 2016; 15(1): 95-102 [ In Persian].
27.Banihashemi S-AT, Amirkhani MA, Haghdoost AA, Alavian S-M, Asgharifard H, Baradaran H, et al. Health literacy and the influencing factors: a study in five provinces of Iran. Strides in Development of Medical Education. 2007;4(1):1-9 [Persian].
28.Howard DH, Sentell T, Gazmararian JA. Impact of health literacy on socioeconomic and racial differences in health in an elderly population. J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21(8): 857-61.
29.Ghanbari S, Majlessi F, Ghaffari M, et al. Evaluation of health literacy of pregnant woman in urban health centers of Shahid Beheshti Medical University. Daneshvar Med. 2012; 19: 1-12. [ In Persian].
30. Izadirad H, Zareban I. The Relationship of Health Literacy with Health status, Preventive Behaviors and Health services Utilization in Baluchistan, Iran. Journal of education and community Health 2015; 2(3): 43-50.
31.Lindau ST, Tomori C, Lyons T, Langseth L, Bennett CL, Garcia P. The association of health literacy with cervical cancer prevention knowledge and health behaviors in a multiethnic cohort of women.
Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002;186(5):938-43.
32.Benjamin J, Jane V, Hayden B. Can This Patient Read and Understand Written Health Information? The Journal of the American Medical Association. 2010; 304: 76-84.
33.Baker DW, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Scott T, Parker RM, Green D, et al. Functional health literacy and the risk of hospital admission among Medicare managed care enrollees. Am J Public Health. 2002; 92(8): 1278-83.
34. Baker DW, Parker RM, Williams MV, Clark WS, Nurss J. The relationship of patient reading ability to self-reported health and use of health services. Am J Public Health. 1997; 87(6): 1027-30.
35.Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Hasanzadeh A, et al. The relationship between health liiteracy, health status and healthy behaviours among elderly in Isfahan. Health Sys Res. 2011; 7: 1-12[ In Persian].
36.Javadzade H, Sharifirad Gh, Reisi M, Tavassoli E, Rajati F. [Health Literacy among Adults of Isfahan, Iran]. Journal of Health System Research. 2013; 9(5): 540-549[ In Persian].
37.Wengryn MI, Hester EJ. Pragmatic skills used by older adults in social communication and health care contexts: precursors to health literacy. Contemporary Issues in Communication Sciences and Disorders.2011; 38: 41-52.
38.Kooshyar H, Shoorvazi M, Dalir Z, Hosseini M.,(2014) Health Literacy and its Relationship with Medical Adherence and Health-Related Quality of Life in Diabetic Community-Residing Elderly., J Mazand Univ Med Sci. 2014; 24(Supple 1): 134-143.
39.Ghanbari S, Majlessi F, Ghaffari M, Mahmoodi Majdabadi M. [Evaluation of health literacy of pregnant women in urban health centers of Shahid Beheshti Medical University]. Daneshvar. 2012;
40.Reisi M, Javadzade SH, Mostafavi F, Sharifirad G, Radjati F, Hasanzade A.
[Relationship between health literacy, health status, and healthy behaviors among older adults in Isfahan, Iran]. J Edu Health Promot. 2012;1(1):31.
41. Sahrayi M, Panahi R, Kazemi S, Rostami Z, Rezaei H, Jorvand R. The study of Health Literacy of adults in Karaj. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016; 1(4): 230-238.
42.ScottTL, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Baker DW. Health literacy and preventive health care use among Medicare enrollees in a managed care organization. Medical Care. 2002; 40: 395-404.
43. Howard DH, Sentell T, Gazmararian JA. Impact of health literacy on socioeconomic and racial differences in health in an elderly population. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2006; 21: 857-61.
44. Elder C, Barber M, Staples M, Osborne RH, Clerehan R, Buchbinder R. Assessing Health Literacy: a new domain for collaboration between language testers and health professionals. Language Assessment Quarterly. 2012; 9: 205-24.
45.Bavandpour E, Azami Z, Bavandpour M, Afsordeh O, Delpisheh A. Survey Effective factors of people’s health literacy Kermanshah city. Journal of Health Literacy. 2017; 2(2): 81-87.
46.Seyedoshohadaee M, Kaghanizade M, Nezami M, Hamedani B, Barasteh S. The Relationship Beetween Health Literacy and General Health in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. ijdld. 2016; 15 (5) :312-319.
47. Lee SD, Tsai T, Tsai Y, Kuo K N. Health literacy,Health status and Health care utilization of Taiwanese Adults: Results from a National survey. BMC Public Health.2010; 56(2): 201-7.
48.Jovic- Veranes A, Bejgovic- Mikanovic J, Kocev N. Health literacy in a population of primary Health care Patients in Belgrade, Serbia. Int J Public health. 2010; 10(614): 1-8.
49.Pooryaghob M, Abdollahi F, Mobadery T, Haji shabanha N, Bajalan Z. Assesse the Health literacy in Multiple Sclerosis patients. Journal of Health Literacy. 2018; 2(4): 266-274.
50. Cho YI, Lee SYD, Arozullah AM, et al. Effects of health literacy on health status and health service utilization amongst the elderly. Soc Sci Med. 2008; 66: 1809-16.
51.Kleindl JA. Reading ability of patients versus the readability of patient’s education material. [ dissertation]. North Dokota State University; 2007.
52.Lindstrom AK. Patient health literacy levels and the readability of patient education materials[dissertation]. North Dokota State University; 2007.
53.Mailki S, Rakhshani F, Masoudi G, Ansari-Moghaddam M. Health literacy, Knowledge and relevant factorsin patients with type 2 diabetes presenting to a diabetes clinic in Zahedan in 2014. Caspian Journal of Health Research 2016;2(2):9-17.
54.Souza JG, Apolinario D, Magaldi RM, Busse AL et al. Functional health Literacy and glycemia control in older adults with type 2 diabetes: a cross-sectional study. BMJ Open. 2014;4(2): e004180