1. Yokokawa H, Fukuda H, Yuasa M, Sanada H, Hisaoka T, Naito T. Association between health literacy and metabolic syndrome or healthy lifestyle characteristics among community-dwelling Japanese people. Diabetology & metabolic syndrome. 2016;8(1):30.
2. Paulik E, Bóka F, Kertész A, Balogh S, Nagymajtényi L. Determinants of health-promoting lifestyle behaviour in the rural areas of Hungary. Health promotion international. 2010;25(3):277-88.
3. Darviri C, Alexopoulos EC, Artemiadis AK, Tigani X, Kraniotou C, Darvyri P, et al. The Healthy Lifestyle and Personal Control Questionnaire (HLPCQ): a novel tool for assessing self-empowerment through a constellation of daily activities. BMC public health. 2014;14(1):995.
4. Saint Onge JM, Krueger PM. Health lifestyle behaviors among US adults. SSM-Population Health. 2017;3:89-98.
5. World Healh Organization. Obesity and overweight: World Healh Organization,; 2018 [cited 2019. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight.
6. Umpierre D, Ribeiro PA, Kramer CK, Leitão CB, Zucatti AT, Azevedo MJ, et al. Physical activity advice only or structured exercise training and association with HbA1c levels in type 2 diabetes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Jama. 2011;305(17):1790-9.
7. Tehrani H, Rahmani M, Jafari A. Health literacy and Its relationship with general health of women referring to health care centers. Journal of Health Literacy. 2018;3(3):191-8.
8. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzede H, Mahaki B, Sharifirad G, Tavassoli E. The functional, communicative, and critical health literacy (FCCHL) scales: Cross-cultural adaptation and the psychometric properties of the Iranian version. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2017;19(1).
9. Ishikawa H, Yano E. Patient health literacy and participation in the health‐care process. Health Expectations. 2008;11(2):113-22.
10. Sørensen K, Van den Broucke S, Fullam J, Doyle G, Pelikan J, Slonska Z, et al. Health literacy and public health: a systematic review and integration of definitions and models. 2012;12(1):80.
11. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzade SH, Mahaki B, Sharifirad G. Assessment of Some Predicting Factors of Self-efficacy in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Iranian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2015;17(1):44-52.
12. Coelho MAM, Sampaio HAdC, Passamai MdPB, Cabral LA, Passos TU, Lima GP. Functional health literacy and healthy eating: Understanding the brazilian food guide recommendations. Revista de Nutrição. 2014;27(6):715-23.
13. Von Wagner C, Knight K, Steptoe A, Wardle J. Functional health literacy and health-promoting behaviour in a national sample of British adults. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health. 2007;61(12):1086-90.
14. Tsai H-M, Cheng C-Y, Chang S-C, Yang Y-M, Wang H-H. Health literacy and health-promoting behaviors among multiethnic groups of women in Taiwan. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing. 2014;43(1):117-29.
15. Kudo N, Yokokawa H, Fukuda H, Hisaoka T, Isonuma H, Naito T. Analysis of Associations between Health Literacy and Healthy Lifestyle Characteristics among Japanese Outpatients with Lifestyle‐related Disorders. Journal of General and Family Medicine. 2016;17(4):299-306.
16. Ho TG, Hosseinzadeh H, Rahman B, Sheikh M. Health literacy and health-promoting behaviours among Australian-Singaporean communities living in Sydney metropolitan area. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 2018;27(2):125-31.
17. Khodabakhshi-Kolaee A. The comparison of health literacy and lifestyle among retired and homemaker older adults’ women. Journal of Health Literacy. 2016;1(3):155-63.
18. Peyman N, Peyman N, Doosti H. Health Literacy and Health-promoting Lifestyle among Health Volunteers in Neyshabour. journal of ilam university of medical sciences. 2018;26(3):7-15.
19. Ishikawa H, Takeuchi T, Yano E. Measuring functional, communicative, and critical health literacy among diabetic patients. Diabetes care. 2008;31(5):874-9.
20. Nutbeam. Health literacy as a public health goal: a challenge for contemporary health education and communication strategies into the 21st century. Health promotion international. 2000;15(3):259-67.
21. Mohammadi Zeidi I, Pakpour Hajiagha A, Mohammadi Zeidi BJJoMUoMS. Reliability and validity of Persian version of the health-promoting lifestyle profile. 2012;21(1):102-13.
22. Walker SN, Sechrist KR, Pender NJ. The health-promoting lifestyle profile: development and psychometric characteristics. Nursing research. 1987;36(2):76-81.
23. Pinar R, Celik R, Bahcecik N. Reliability and construct validity of the Health-Promoting Lifestyle Profile II in an adult Turkish population. Nursing research. 2009;58(3):184-93.
24. Meihan L, Chung-Ngok W. Validation of the psychometric properties of the health-promoting lifestyle profile in a sample of Taiwanese women. Quality of Life Research. 2011;20(4):523-8.
25. Wei C-n, Yonemitsu H, Harada K, Miyakita T, Omori S, Miyabayashi T, et al. A Japanese language version of the health-promoting lifestyle profile. Nippon Eiseigaku Zasshi (Japanese Journal of Hygiene). 2000;54(4):597-606.
26. Sousa P, Gaspar P, Vaz DC, Gonzaga S, Dixe MA. Measuring Health‐Promoting Behaviors: Cross‐Cultural Validation of the Health‐Promoting Lifestyle Profile‐II. International journal of nursing knowledge. 2015;26(2):54-61.
27. Heijmans M, Waverijn G, Rademakers J, van der Vaart R, Rijken M. Functional, communicative and critical health literacy of chronic disease patients and their importance for self-management. Patient Education and Counseling. 2015;98(1):41-8.
28. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzade H, Mahaki B, Tavassoli E, Sharifirad G. Impact of health literacy, self-efficacy, and outcome expectations on adherence to self-care behaviors in Iranians with type 2 diabetes. Oman medical journal. 2016;31(1):52.
29. Ahmadzadeh K, Khosravi A, Tahmasebi R. Assessing the readability of patient education materials about diabetes available in Shiraz health centers. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2014;14(8):661-7.
30. Bilgel N, Sarkut P, Bilgel H, Ozcakir A. Functional health literacy in a group of Turkish patients: A pilot study. Cogent Social Sciences. 2017;3(1):1287832.
31. Acton GJ, Malathum P. Basic need status and health-promoting self-care behavior in adults. Western Journal of Nursing Research. 2000;22(7):796-811.
32. Harooni J, Hassanzadeh A, Mostafavi F. Influencing factors on health promoting behavior among the elderly living in the community. Journal of education and health promotion. 2014;3.
33. Chenary R, Noroozi A, Tavafian SS, Firoozabadi MS. Effective factors on health-promoting lifestyle among Iranian chemical veterans in 2014 based on health promotion model: a path analysis. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal. 2016;18(8).
34. Beser A, Bahar Z, BÜYÜKKAYA D. Health promoting behaviors and factors related to lifestyle among Turkish workers and occupational health nurses' responsibilities in their health promoting activities. Industrial health. 2007;45(1):151-9.
35. Mirghafourvand M, Baheiraei A, Nedjat S, Mohammadi E, Charandabi SM-A, Majdzadeh R. A population-based study of health-promoting behaviors and their predictors in Iranian women of reproductive age. Health promotion international. 2014;30(3):586-94.
36. Huang S-L, Li R-H, Tang F-C. Comparing disparities in the health-promoting lifestyles of Taiwanese workers in various occupations. Industrial Health. 2010;48(3):256-64.
37. Abedi HA, Shafiee A, Ghoddosi A. Evaluation of health promotion activities in Diabetic Patients type II admitted to Clinics in Najaf Abad 2013. Jundishapur J Chron Dis Care. 2014;3(2).
38. Maheri A, Sadeghi R, Shojaeizadeh D, Tol A, Yaseri M, Ebrahimi M. Associations between a health-promoting lifestyle and quality of life among adults with beta-thalassemia major. Epidemiology and health. 2016;38.
39. Kolnik TŠ, Hozjan D, Babnik K. Health literacy and health related lifestyle among nursing students. Pielegniarstwo XXI wieku/Nursing in the 21st Century. 2017;16(2):42-6.
40. Yang S-C, Luo Y-F, Chiang C-H. The associations among individual factors, eHealth literacy, and health-promoting lifestyles among college students. Journal of medical Internet research. 2017;19(1).
41. Aghamolaei T, Hosseini Z, Hosseini F, Ghanbarnejad A. The Relationship between Health Literacy and Health Promoting Behaviors in Students. Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2016;3(2).