1. Bavandpour E, Azami Z, Bavandpour M, Afsordeh O, Delpisheh A. Survey Effective factors of people's health literacy Kermanshah city . J Health Lit. 2017; 2 (2) :81-87
2. Olyani S, Tehrani H, Esmaily H, Rezaii MM, Vahedian-shahroodi M. Assessment of health literacy with the Newest Vital Sign and its correlation with body mass index in female adolescent students. International journal of adolescent medicine and health. 2017.
3. Zhang XH, Li SC, Fong KY, Thumboo J. The Impact of Health Literacy on Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) and Utility Assessment among Patients with Rheumatic Diseases. Value Health. 2009; 12: S106-S9.
4. Saeedi Koupai M, Motaghi M. Comparing Health Literacy in High School Female Students and Their Mothers Regarding Women’s Health . J Health Lit. 2017; 1 (4) :220-229
5. Schillinger D, Grumbach K, Piette J, Wang F, Osmond D, Daher C, et al. Association of health literacy with diabetes outcomes. JAMA 2002; 288(4): 475-82.
6. Scott TL, Gazmararian JA, Williams MV, Baker DW. Health literacy and preventive health care use among Medicare enrollees in a managed care organization. MedCare 2002; 40(5): 395-404.
7. Paasche Orlow MK, Parker RM, Gazmararian JA, Nielsen Bohlman LT, Rudd RR. The prevalence of limited health literacy. J Gen Intern Med 2005; 20(2): 175-84.
8. Kutner MA, Greenberg E, Yin J, Paulsen C, White S. The health literacy of America's adults: results from the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy. Washington (DC): United States Department of Education; 2006.
9. Zhang Q, Cui G, editors. Investigation and analysis of Xi’an college students’ health literacy. Human Health and Biomedical Engineering (HHBE); 2011. International Conference on 2011: 994-7. Available from: http://ieeexplore. ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?tp=&arnumber=6028991&isnumber=6027878
10. Azimi S, Ramezankhani A, Rakhshani F, Ghaffari M, Ghanbari S. Comparison of health literacy between medical and non-medical students in Shahid Beheshti Universities in the academic year 92-93. Pejouhandeh 2015; 20(2): 78-85. [Article in Persian]
11. Panahi R, Ramezankhani A, Tavousi M, Osmani F, Niknami S. The relationship between low health literacy and knowledge and attitude towards the harms of smoking in dormitory students . J Health Lit. 2017; 2 (3) :131-140
12.Stewart DW, Cano MA, Correa-Fernández, Spears CA, Li y, Waters AJ, et al. Lower health literacy predicts smoking relapse among racially/ethnically diverse smokers with low socioeconomic status. BMC Public Health. 2014; 14:716:1-6.
13.Stewart DW, Adams CE, Correa-Fernández, Li y, Wetter DW, Vidrine JI. Association between health literacy and established predictors of smoking cessation. Am J Public Health. 2013; 103(7): e43-9.
14. Martin LT, Haas A, Schonlau M, Pitkin Derose K, Rosenfeld L, Rudd R, Buka SL. Which literacy skills are associated with smoking?. J Epidemiol Community Health. 2012; 66(10): 189-192.
15. Sabiston C, Lovato C, Ahmed R, Pullman A, Hadd V, Campbell H, et al. School smoking policy characteristics and individual perceptions of the school tobacco context: Are they linked to students’ smoking status? J Youth Adolesc. 2009; 38: 1367-1374.
16. Tsai Y, Wen Y, Tsai C, Tsai T. Peer pressure, psychological distress and the urge to smoke. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2009; 6(6): 1799- 1811.
17. Sharifi-rad GR, Hazavei MM, Hasanzadeh A, Daneshamouz A. The effect of health education based on health belief model on preventive actions of smoking in grade one, middle school students. AMUJ. 2007; 10(1): 1-8. [Article in Persian]
18. CDC (2001) Tobacco information and prevention source: over view available: http://www. Cdc. gov/tobacco issue.htm (last accessed 14 may 2001(
19. Adolescent tendency outcomes to cigarette , Saheb jami M, 2004, Tehran, Mehr news.
20. Masjedi MR, Azaripour Masooleh H, Heydari Gh.R, Alinejad Taheri S, Velayati AA. Smoking prevalence among universities students of Tehran. MJIRI. 2002; 4(20): 287-283. [Article in Persian]
21. Khami MR, Murtomaa H, Razeghi S, Virtanen JI. Smoking and its determinants among Iranian dental students. Med Princ Pract. 2010; 19(5): 390-4. [Article in Persian]
22. Nazary AA, Ahmadi F, Vaismoradi M, Kaviani K, Arezomandi M, Faghihzadeh S. Smoking among male medical sciences students in Semnan. East Mediterr Health J. 2010; 16(2): 156-61.
23. Montazeri A, Tavousi M, Rakhshani F, Azin S A, Jahangiri K, Ebadi M. Health Literacy for Iranian Adults (HELIA): development and psychometric Properties. Payesh 2014; 13: 589-99. [Article in Persian]
24. Ramezankhani A, Heidarnia AR, Ghofrani pour F. Effect of education based on health belief model on knowledge and preventive behavior of cigarette on sumption [PhD Thesis]. Tehran, Iran: Tarbiat Modares University; 2000. [Article in Persian]
25. Mahmoudi H, Taheri A. Relation between Information Literacy and Health Literacy of Students in Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. HII 2015; 2: 31-41. [Article in Persian]
26. Vozikis A, Drivas K, Milioris K. Health literacy among university students in Greece: determinants and association with self-perceived health, health behaviours and health risks. Arch Public Health. 2014; 72(1): 15. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4066308/
27. Khaleghi M, Amin Shokravi F, Peyman N, Panahi R. Evaluating the effect of educational intervention on health literacy through social networks to promote quality of life for students [Msc dissertion in health education]. Tehran, Iran: Tarbiat Modares University; 2017. [Article in Persian]
28. Haqwi Al, Tamim H, Asery A. Knowledge, attitude and practice of tobacco smoking by medical students in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Ann Thorac Med. 2010; 5(3): 145-8.
29. Ghodsi H, MokhtariLaleh N, Asiri SH, Kazemnezhad Leili E. Prevalence and correlates of cigarette smoking among male students of Guilan University of Medical Sciences. J Holist Nurs Midwifery. 2012; 22(1): 38-43. [Article in Persian]
30. RezaKhani mogaddam H, Shojaezadeh D, Sadeghi R, Pahlevanzadah B, Shakourimoghaddam R. Survey of Prevalence and Causes of the Trend of Hookah Smoking in Tehran University Students of Medical Sciences 2010-2011. TB. 2012; 11(4): 103-113. [Article in Persian]
31. Bahrami F, Bahrami SH. Survey of knowledge, attitude and practice of university students of Kurdistan to smoking. The Second Congress of National Development and Promotion of Education and Psychology, Sociology and Social Sciences in Iran. Available from: http://www.civilica.com/Paper-EPCONF02-EPCONF02_048.html.
32. Jafari F, Davati A, Hajzamani A, Rezaiepour N, Alizadeh K. Smoking behaviors among university students: A Cross-sectional study in Tehran, Iran. IRCMJ. 2014; 2(3): e17604.
33. Shamsipur M, Karani Bahador R, MohamadpurAsl A, Laksuri A. Smoking status and influencing factors tends to leave the university students living in dormitories of Medical Sciences. Knowledge Health 2012; 6(1): 75-82. [Article in Persian]
34. Shojaa M, Juybari L, Ghorbani M, Sanakoo A, Shojaei H, Kiakajuri Z, Arganji H. Prevalence and cause of smoking in students living in dormitories Golestan University of Medical Sciences. pajoohande. 2010; 15(3): 1-6. [Article in Persian]
35. Divsalar K, Nakhaei N. Prevalence and correlates of Cigarette Smoking among students of two universites in Kerman, iran. J Babol Univ Med Sci 2008; 10(4): 78-83. [Article in Persian]
36. Abedini S, Kamalzadetakhti H, Sadeghifar E, Shahrakivahed A. The Survey of smoking in Bandar Abbas University of Medical Sciences. JHUMS. 2007; 11(4): 297-302. [Article in Persian]
37. Tavakolizadeh J, Moshki M, Moghimiyan M. The Prevalence of smoking and its relationship to self-esteem among students of Azad university of Gonabad. J Research & Health 2012; 2: 101-107. [Article in Persian]
38. Oksuz E, Mutlu ET, Malhan S. Characteristics of daily and occasional smoking among youths. Public Health 2007; 121(5): 349-56.
39. Erdal G, Erdal H, Esengun K, Karakas G. Cigarette consumption habits and related factors among college students in Turkey: A logit model analysis. J Pak Med Assoc. 2015; 65(2): 136-41.
40. Tung Z, Buoling F, Shiushing W,Won CH, Shu-Hong Z. A comparison of smoking behaviors among medical and other college students in China. Health Promot Int. 2004; 19(2): 189.
41. Steptoe A, Wardle J, Cui W, Baban A, Glass K, Tsuda A, et al. An international comparison of tobacco smoking, beliefs and risk awareness in university students from 23 countries. Addiction 2002; 97(12): 1561-71.
42. Berg CJ, Ling PM, Hayes RB, Berg E, Nollen N, Nehl E, Choi WS, Ahluwalia JS. Smoking frequency among current college student smokers: distinguishing characteristics and factors related to readiness to quit smoking. Health Educ Res. 2012; 27(1): 141-50.
43. Klink K, Lin S, Elkin Z, Strigenz D, Liu S. Smoking Cessation Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practice Among Community Health Providers in China. Fam Med. 2011; 43(3): 198-200.
44. La Torre G, Kirch W, Bes-Rastrollo M, Ramos RM, Czaplicki M, Gualano MR, Thümmler K, Ricciardi W, Boccia A; GHPSS Collaborative Group. Tobacco use among medical students in Europe: results of a multicentre study using the Global Health Professions Student Survey. Public health. 2012; 126(2): 159-64.
45. Metintas S, Sariboyaci MA, Nuhoglu S, Metintaş M, Kalyoncu C, Etiz S, et al. Smoking Patterns of University Students in Eskisehir, Turkey. Public Health 1998; 112(4): 261-264.
46. Hessami Z, RamezanKhani A, SharifKashani B, Falahtafti S, Heydari GR. Evaluation of Knowledge, Attitude and Prevalence of Smoking among Sportsmen of National Teams of Iran, 2008. Hakim Res J 2010; 13(2): 115- 120. [Article in Persian]
47. Sudore RL, Mehta KM, Simonsick EM, Harris TB, Newman AB, Satterfield S, et al. Limited literacy in older people and disparities in health and healthcare access. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2006; 54(5): 770–6.
48. Von Wagner C, Steptoe A, Wolf MS, Wardle J. Health literacy and health actions: a review and a framework from health psychology. Health Educ Behav. 2009; 36(5): 860–77.
49. Fernandez MD, Larson JL, Zikmund-Fisher BJ. Associations between health literacy and preventive health behaviors among older adults: findings from the health and retirement study. BMC Public Health; 2016: 16: 596. Available from: https://bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12889-016-3267-7
50. Baker DW. The meaning and the measure of health literacy. J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21(8): 878-83.
51. Arnold CL, Davis TC, Berkel HJ, Jackson RH, Nandy I, London S. Smoking status, reading level, and knowledge of tobacco effects among low-income pregnant women. Prev Med. 2001; 32(4): 313–320.